1 reply to this topic

#1 Karen

Karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVermont
  • why_joining:
    Have been on Cymbalta for the past nine years for incontience. Am very curious how my bladder will do without the drug. After so many years...is it still effective?

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

At age 42 i had a bladder surgery to repair the damage after two heavy babies 10 and 8 years earlier. This surgery was 75% improvement when I laughed, sneezed, coughed and no bladder issues. Two years later, my doctor was preforming a research study on Cymbalta for incontience issues and I was part of the study for 9 months at 60mg. a day. Felt wonderful from the beginning and it really seemed to help my bladder as well. Now after 7 years I have made the decision to wean off this drug to see what my bladder will do. I started removing 10% of the capsule beads this morning. I will continue removing 10% for a while longer before removing 20%. I have really enjoyed reading all the forums and 'knowledge is power' to me. In all these years of using this drug...i am never hearing it used for incontience. It still is a small price to pay for two wonderful young men in my life :rolleyes:

#2 Karen

Karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVermont
  • why_joining:
    Have been on Cymbalta for the past nine years for incontience. Am very curious how my bladder will do without the drug. After so many years...is it still effective?

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

Day 6 of weaning my cymbalta. I haven't counted any 'beads' and just 'eyeball' 10% less every morning. So far...so good <_< I have my presciption for the full 90 days and have fiqured that by mid-December I hope to finished. After many years of doing 60mgs. for keeping my bladder happy and not leaking... I really look forward to just taking a multi-vitamen in the morning. Been going through peri-menapause for the past three years...this has been a piece of cake!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users