#1 bbrock

bbrock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta side effects and withdrawals

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:52 PM

I found this site because I was going through all of these 'symptoms". I was starting to think I had something seriously wrong with me. I started taking cymbalta a few months ago to help with fibromylagia. The pain in my joints and skin went away. Mood improved slightly but two days after I started taking it I would break out into pouring sweats. I asked my doctor about it and he told me it did not make you sweat. After a month or so of the samples he had given me I filled the RX. Well the pharmacy sent me a huge packet on it and there it was plain as day..side effect sweating. I went to the doctor last week to ask about getting off of it becaseu the side effects started being more & more difficult. He gave me a bottle of 5 30 mg and said to start taking them every other day then nothing. Well I did. Let me tell you I have had a migraine for going on 6 days now. I can be sitting still AND HAVE DIZZY SPELLS. My gut seems to swell and becomes very stiff feeling almost like I am pregnant which I am not and just hurts. I am having soreness in my chest and feels like labored breathing. I was thinking it might be my gallballder but after reading all of you comments Its just the drugs that were suppose to be helping me. I pinched a nerve in my neck (i think) and was having problems with numbness in my thumb. The docotr gave me a cortizone shot and put me on the cortizone pack. I finished it about the same time I am trying to get off the cymbalta. I have never had these type of symptoms from anything I have ever taken before. I will never try this again. Drymouth,Dizzyness,chest pain, abdominal pain, motion sickness, swelling, sweating. My joints and skin are starting to hurt again. I am thinking they will just have to hurt. Thank you for being there and sharing your stories. I know now that I am not technically dying of some strange disease or I am crazy. Maybe we can all get through this together.
B

#2 newbieanne

newbieanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

I am new here (this is my first reply) and I cannot believe how similar my symptoms are to everyone else here, and yours especially - among the many symptoms, the one that I didn't think was from this drug is the stomach bloating (and appearing to be pregnant!) I just felt that last night. OMG I am already overweight but the hardness of my stomach (upper stomach above my belly button) is horrible after I eat (I had a big salad). I don't even understand how this stomach issue can be a symptom! but it's horrible. I also thought I was dying, so I'm glad I found this place!

#3 pnutmusic

pnutmusic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    On 120mg of cymbalta and taking myself off. Need help

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:00 AM

I have fibromyalgia too. Had it since I was four. They put me on cymbalta. For fibro and depression and I felt like something was seriously wrong with me. The sweating, fast heart rate, random mental issues, stomach pain....etc. I've been convinced I was going to have some crazy random illness. I've lost jobs, relationships, and parts of my life. I thought I was dying too.... and in some ways still do. Fibromyalgia is already a tough disease. Too add all of these side effects from cymbalta and now cymbalta withdrawal is insane. And unless someone has gone through it, people around you don't get it. Even my family seems disconcerned since it was a prescription drug and prescriptions are safe..... right.... it seems like doctors and my family would be more ept to helping me if I would have been addicted to heroin.

Stay strong. I don't know how long any of this lasts. I just pray there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I can find myself again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users