Photo

I Am Looking For Anyone Who Will Talk To Me And Show Me That What I Am Going Thru Is Normal....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pnutmusic

pnutmusic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    On 120mg of cymbalta and taking myself off. Need help

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

I posted another topic where I introduced myself and what I am doing and how much cymbalta I am on and the withdrawal is awful. I am on 120mg which I understand is quite a lot. If anyone wants to talk to me about what they have been through I need to feel like what I am feeling is normal and I am not alone because I feel really alone and although I am suppose to keep whatever composure in front of others, inside I am going insane. My brain is not working right, I don't know how else to explain it. The sad thing is I can deal with any physical withdrawal symptoms. make me sick, Ive been throwing up, diarrhea, I felt like someone has been punching me in the stomach for days. The pain I have is intense and throughout my whole body. It got to the point where I couldn't move. But I can't take the mental part of this. I am organized, with it, together person and I am completely falling apart but I can't show that to anyone I know. I am suppose to be the strong person and I am very weak right now.

I need to know if other people suffer from the same things. I don't feel normal right now. I can't even place at times where I am or what I am doing. I am completely out of my body at times. I don't care about things around me. And I am really scared. Please help me.

#2 watchdog

watchdog

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • why_joining:
    Will be helping my wife detox from cymbalta.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

I posted another topic where I introduced myself and what I am doing and how much cymbalta I am on and the withdrawal is awful. I am on 120mg which I understand is quite a lot. If anyone wants to talk to me about what they have been through I need to feel like what I am feeling is normal and I am not alone because I feel really alone and although I am suppose to keep whatever composure in front of others, inside I am going insane. My brain is not working right, I don't know how else to explain it. The sad thing is I can deal with any physical withdrawal symptoms. make me sick, Ive been throwing up, diarrhea, I felt like someone has been punching me in the stomach for days. The pain I have is intense and throughout my whole body. It got to the point where I couldn't move. But I can't take the mental part of this. I am organized, with it, together person and I am completely falling apart but I can't show that to anyone I know. I am suppose to be the strong person and I am very weak right now.

I need to know if other people suffer from the same things. I don't feel normal right now. I can't even place at times where I am or what I am doing. I am completely out of my body at times. I don't care about things around me. And I am really scared. Please help me.

You are not alone in this..... many people are going through some form of cymbalta detox, or trying to get off this drug by quitting "cold turkey". The latter is not the most desireable way to get off the drug, as there seems to be more withdrawl effects associated with this method. There are many places on this site that give details on peoples experiences with cymbalta. My wife is currently detoxing from cymbalta... was at 90mg, now is at 40mg. The regimen that has worked thus far for her is LOTS of fluids (green Gatorade seems to work well for many), flaxseed oil, omega3 fish oil, then dropping the dosage every two weeks by 10mg to allow your body/brain to "re-adjust" top the lower dosage. Some people have been using a motion sickness otc medicine to combat the nausea. The symptoms you describe are very common..... I hope this helps with some of your fear. Some people have had to use other medications to help detox from the cymbalta. This should only be done with the direct supervision of an informed medical doctor. Stay in touch with the people on this site..... it has helped keep myself and my wife sane.

Take care

Watchdog

#3 Silver

Silver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Currently withdrawing from Cymbalta

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

Pnut you are not alone and you are not abnormal. I've taken Cymbalta for quite some time (I've actually lost count of how many years) and just stopped taking it 2 weeks ago. I went cold turkey because I simply ran out of it and can't get anymore right now because I've recently moved overseas. Had I planned it better I would have tapered off gradually but due to circumstances that wasn't an option. The physical symptoms I'm experiencing include nausea, diarrea, feeling achy and flu-like, and the ubiquitous "brain zaps". Emotionally I'm a roller coaster: giddy one minute and weepy the next. I will be in the middle of a sentence and the word I was going to say next just disappears like it fell out of my brain. I have two big things going for me though. I'm currently not working so that's not an additional stressor for me and I also have a husband who is extremely suppotive and understanding. If my situation were different I think this would be unbearable especially if I had to get up and go to work every day like you do. Please try to keep in mind that all of these things you're experiencing are a direct result of the withdrawal and I believe they will deminish over time. I dont't know if this is an option for you but might it be possible for you to take a week or two off of work? I know that may not be possible but if it is I think it would make a big difference for you and it would certainly be justified. I believe that most employers in the US are required to give you 12 weeks per year of "family or medical leave" although they aren't required to pay you for it so again it may not be feasable but they can't fire you for taking medical leave. Some other things that have helped me are drinking lots of water to stay hydrated and taking over the counter pain killers to be more comfortable. Ibuprofen is a good one. You might also ask your doctor about taking a low dose of another SSRI such as fluoxitine (prosac) until some of the worse withdrawal symptoms pass. You can then stop that pretty easily I believe (I've come off fluoxitine several times with no major problems). I may actually look into this myself when I get back to the states. Please keep posting and let me know how you're doing and I'll try to do the same. I hope this helps some. Take care! - Silver

#4 lorryfitz

lorryfitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I found this site after stuggling with symptoms that have not been taken seriously by my physicians nor ER personnel. What a relief just to know that I'm not alone

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

You are NOT alone! I just came across this site after spending hours at the ER, having been sent there by my physician thinking I was having a stroke. I have been down this road before and I soldiered though but this time hit me hard. The "zaps", pain and lonliness are hideous. My husband and kids want to help, but I don't even know what to tell them.
Read through these posts and although it won't change you physically, you will make you believe in better times ahead. Thanks to everyone who has shared your trials - I was at the point of trying valium and nice sharp razor blades. Not anymore. I am about to try the regimen recommended by a fellow sufferer, hope it helps and I doubt it could make things worse! Hang in there

#5 Cat

Cat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • why_joining:
    coming off Cymbalta

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Do you need to talk...I can be reached at either jerikasteele@comcast.net or 408-515-2146
What u r going thru is what happenes on this drug....call me, I am here. Or text me.
Cat

#6 pnutmusic

pnutmusic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    On 120mg of cymbalta and taking myself off. Need help

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

Thank you for the replies: the doctor who prescribed the medication just told me there are NO withdrawal affects and I shouldn't be feeling anything. Currently I'm buckeled over in bed with sharp stomach pains, nausea, I have missed work, I'm feeling lost. I called the office for help and they tell me I'm fine. Its almost not even worth it anymore. I can't go on like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users