• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bcgirl45

bcgirl45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    Quit klonopin cold turkey about 40 days ago. Cymbalta weaning and looking for info to get this OUT!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi, this is how I got off cymbalta. I don't know why admin doesn't lock this as a lot of people do this.

Now, I spoke through email with this woman Byee. Here is her link. She used prozac for 1 month. 10 mg I believe. It is used, not because of any relevance to serotonin. I do understand your concern with serotonin syndrome which I'll address after this point. But because the half life of cymbalta as you know is so short. And the half life of prozac is much longer, to cover up withdrawal of cymbalta. Her link.

FOR SOME REASON THE LINKS I'M POSTING WON'T COME THROUGH ONCE I HIT POST.

PLEASE GOOGLE THIS.> hub pages weaning off cymbalta

> this will take you to the internet page with this title > weaning off cymbalta what doctors don't tell you. CLICK ON THAT AND THIS MAY HELP YOU.

I used it only for 10 days at 10 mg first which I could feel was too heavy, and then I found 5 mg was just enough to cover brainshocks, and I was off. Only 10 days. There are many of us that used it short term. I only became aware of this method after more researching on the internet, when I was down to about 30 mg from 60 mg of cymbalta from starting a quick taper that was rough. My doctor had no clue but told me that if the cymbalta was higher and the prozac combined equal 40 then it may be a concern. I had no problem. And quite frankly, I don't believe they really have a clue, but I just fearfully did it. And it worked. It didn't eliminate everything but it made it significantly easier.

Here is the link from this site when a few jumped in from using prozac. A bit of discrepancy as one member couldn't understand it worked for a few and would get upset by people using it and getting off.

http://www.cymbaltaw...y-off-cymbalta/

Here is another link with a man named Steve to add to the list that used the method shortterm and it worked as well.
http://www.cymbaltaw...ac-temporarily/

And another link with a woman named Frisky Kitty that used it as well.
http://www.cymbaltaw...y-off-cymbalta/

I hope this helps. I really don't know why admin doesn't lock this so people don't come in and keep asking and/or have to sift through threads as this works for some shortterm.

Good luck. BCgirl45-I think this a good method for those that just want to be med free. Many of us that used this method just wanted off of cymbalta and only used prozac to cover cymbala withdrawals. Not to add prozac as an AD.

It appears MD's may unwittingly work for the pharmeceutical companies instead of people which has flushed the hypocratic oath. Unwittingly, just isn't a good enough excuse.

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users