#1 Stepmom

Stepmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    3weeks without cymbalta

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

Hello, since I followed this board very closely while tapering, I wanted to post a follow up for those just beginning or looking for relief from withdrawal.

I tapered from 60mg by counting beads. It took several weeks. I am now 9 weeks completely free of Cymbalta! Woohoo!
During the 8 weeks of withdrawal after my final dose, I still experienced tummy upset, fevers, and brain zaps. But I wanted to post that almost like clockwork at the 8week mark, it all stopped. In this 9th week, I am happy to report NO fevers or brainzaps! or any other withdrawal issues.

I do still have issues with light sensitivity. However, while taking Cymbalta I had been unable to drive at night....I am now back to driving!

Unfortunately, I do not have a specific tip where I can say "this is what helped." I take several vitamins: B12, which many on here take. A Multi vitamin, magnesium. And I did gentle exercise like yoga. Also, drank Propel fitness water to keep hydrated.

I took Cymbalta for grief, and have not replaced it with any other medication. I am working one on one with a yoga instructor, and allow myself to have some 'off' days for healing.

I know we all have taken Cymbalta for different reasons. But the horrible withdrawal is our common issue. Just wanted to post that I made it! And you can do it!!!

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

Dear Stepmom:
Thank you for the follow up, it is very useful.
I also take B vitamins and do yoga. It is so great that you take off days for healing.

I am down to 8mg from 60mg. It is getting tougher.

I would like to know how was the last stage of weaning??? How big or small were your last drops?? What symptoms did you have when you were at lower dosages????

I read that you have not replaced it with any other medication. After this experience I do not want to take any other antidepressant. However I have to go down to zero and see how I feel, to let the real me come into the surface. I do not remember who I am anymore after so many years of medication, side effects and withdrawals.

Hugs
Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users