#1 wounduptight

wounduptight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta user

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

I decided a few months ago I did not want to be on this anymore so I quit taking it. 3 days in I started feeling yucky. 4th day omg, worst day ever. I started getting the shakes, sweating, nausea, and the aches were horrible. I had no idea I was having withdraw from this drug. Cancelled my afternoon clients and went to bed. 5th day, all the yucky feelings were gone, but...the anxiety came back with a vengeance. I was right back into the fight or flight mode, irritable again, moody because of the way I was feeling. 6th day, casually talking with a pharmacist, she informed me you can't quit this cold turkey. I should have stayed off of it but went back on it after being off for a week. I was only on 60mg and have only been on it since I think June of this year.
After reading the forums here, I want off this drug. I can get through the withdraw symptoms. Its the anxiety rushing back and the irritability, in my job I cannot be irritable.
Monday I decided to go on a 3 day juice detox. OMG, huge mistake. If I would have checked w/my dr. they would have told me not to do the juice fast probably not because of the meds, but because they are dr's.
Day was going well, until late afternoon, I ran out of energy, became dead tired and was asleep by 6ish p.m. At 11:30 I was up-I had such a bad sinus headache at this point I had to eat something and take sinus pills. 1/2 hour later I was up again-shaky, sweating, burning up, nausea/very close to vomiting several times. I finally ran a tepid bath and layed in it to cool down for about an hour. Still had the sinus headache but the 'detox-and/or withdraw symptoms' subsided. I did not stop taking the cymbalta during my 1 day fast-already learned that lesson...

I did not expect a juice fast would make me so sick and I don't think it was from detox, I think it messed with the cymbalta.

The other thing I am really upset about is the weight gain. I have put on 15# in 3 months. After work all day I really don't have a lot of energy to cook, not enjoying the things I normally do. I do walk my dogs in the morning and my job is very physical. My calorie consumption has really not increased, in fact I think I am eating less as I don't care so much about food. I could eat cheerios all day and be content. I do have sugar cravings but they are easier to quell with a few tootsie rolls. I cannot get the scale to budge, in fact it has gone up another 2# this last week or two.
I have to get off this drug.
I think I could eat veggies and fruit all the time and still gain weight at this point.
Oh and the dreams. Not nightmares, just insanely vivid dreams, like they really happened. Some of them I have to admit are cool and I wish they did. Like having coffee with Martin Sheen and family, LOL.

Anyway, anyone with advice about the weight, anxiety, and irritability would be greatly appreciated.

#2 trixie

trixie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to stop cymbalta. On day 4 cold turkey

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

Good Luck.....
I just found this site, I'm on day 4 of NOT having the meds, not intentionally, but now I'm wondering if I should just stick it out or go back and ween......

I didn't know if my dizziness, fatique, and ringing in my ears was allergies / sinus infection....but the sinus meds haven't been helping. Finally, my husband sends me a link about withdrawl symptoms when stopping cymbalta and OMG, my head is spinning, literally......

I truely hope we can find help here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users