Photo

Mother Of Four And Possibly Pregnant Strating My Journey To Be Med Free.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 soccermomaj

soccermomaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Weaning off Cymbalta

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:34 AM

Good morning to all,

I am new to the board. I haven't seen anyone posting that has children and still needs to be fully functional from day to day. I am starting my taper down from Cymbalta today. Additionally, I have recently quit drinking and stopped taking Adderall and Xanex. This was one fully loaded up soccer mom.

I have four kids 11,10,6& 4 and I am terrified as I have attempted to quite Cymbalta before, only to be drug back in by severe headaches, vomiting, brain shocks and total lethargy. I tried this when I was not working and now I am so lets say this will be a challenge to say the least. On top of all the above there is a very real possibility I could be pregnant as there was a slip up in birth control a week ago. So the journey begins:

Yesterday, I halved the beads from a 60mg. I am already groggy & tired this morning. After reading and experiencing the withdraw symptoms first hand 6 months ago I decided I should get my doctors opinion and here's the plan.

The Dr. told me to drop to 30mg and take 20 mg of Prozac daily. So today I make the plunge and add yet another medication in hopes to be medication free. The doctor told me this should be done for two weeks to where I should go every other day. So I will keep everyone posted. I feel like a warrior going into battle and I have to be strong and physically able to drive kids to practices, do homework, do housework and make meals all while maintaining my sobriety from alcohol and avoiding those withdraws.

Here's to a chemical free life =)

~Aleaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users