Photo

Everyone Around Me Thinks I Am Going Crazy...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jleigh

jleigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Therapeutic

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

I just found this site out of a desperation to connect with anyone who may be going through this and validate the fact that I am not alone and NOT crazy. I took Cymbalta for nine months for Fibromyalgia. I abruptly stopped taking it in June when my insurance company refused to pay for it any longer, and we all know how expensive it is to buy outright. I also wanted to be off of it, I didn't want to be "on a pill" for the rest of my life. My plan was to wean myself off through exercise, yoga, eating right, etc. I also gained 20 pounds while on Cymbalta, most of it around my mid-section. I never increased my caloric intake while on the drug, and exercised throughout. It was as if my metabolism just shut down completely. As a matter of fact, I started eating less because I saw how much weight I was gaining, and in the four months I've been off, I've not lost ONE pound! It completely jacked up my body! I've been off of it for four months now, and I feel like dying. At first, I had the typical brain zaps, crying spells, and sudden rage for no apparent reason. I swear I cried over every little thing.
Now, I have the most massive feelings of anxiety, depression, and severe paranoia...and yes, I do think about suicide. I would never do it, I have two kids who are my world, but I still think about it every day, and I do not know why. I have major social anxiety-I cannot be in a large group of people because I think everyone is staring at me and talking about me. I avoid functions so I don't have to have that feeling of overwhelming self-conciousness. It is horrible. I have no libido whatsoever. And so yes, it has completely messed up my marriage. My husband thinks I am going crazy, as do other people close to me. They don't understand my mood swings. I don't either. I cannot control them. I don't know when something is going to make me mad, it just hits me and I cry and then I feel rage. My marriage does have other issues however, and I don't know if it's the withdrawal effect or me just saying I'm not dealing with BS anymore. My attitude has changed completely. I tell people exactly what I think instead of suppressing my feelings, which so far hasn't been a good thing because I have told a lot of people off who have pissed me off. It's like the people-pleasing Angel left and the witchy Devil resides here now.
I'll admit, while on Cymbalta, it was fine. Little things didn't bother me that normally did. I was laid back. I had CRAZY dreams, but they were not nightmares. They were kind of enjoyable, actually.
I would never go back on it, or any other anti-depressant. Prior to this, I had never taken anything. I don't plan on getting on anything else ever again. I take multiple vitamin supplements daily (Vitamin A, C, D, Fish Oil & Calcium) and have a hormone patch (I'm only 35 but had a hysterectomy when I was 30 due to extreme Endometriosis).
I don't know what the answer is. I'm pushing people further and further out of my life every day, it's like I can't control myself.
Just want to know I'm not alone.

#2 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:50 AM

Sorry for the hard time you are going through. I'm no doctor but am weaning myself off of Cymbalta so need to say this for my own encouragement. I don't think what you are feeling after 4 months is Cymbalta withdrawal. I could be wrong but for my sake, I hope I'm not. It sounds like you have other issues in your life and you are just starting to deal with them as a real person. One of my biggest gripes with anti-depressents is that they either don't do anything to make you feel better. Or they make the pain go away and make you feel numb.

After feeling numb for so long, it can be a challenge when all of your emotions come rushing back home. Good luck!

#3 tinker1

tinker1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    need to talk to people

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

hi in reading this post it almost like i wrote it myself. I have weaned myself off cymbalta been "clean" for about a month an a half. I feel like crapola almost every day. my moods are uncontrolable. i have no patience and no memory. i am very unhappy for no easons and cant sand to be around anyone a lot of the time. not even myself. i am taking vitamin supplements and trying to make plans for the future but keep having a problem jsut making it thru each day. i cant beleive the what emotional hell im going thru. everyone around me thinks im crazy an times i wonder if i am. i do have an apt with a new doctor that was recommnded to me on friday an hope that she can help. i have tried to get thru this an give m body a chance to recover without using other drugs but, alas i am at the end of my rope. i am about to lose my job because of missing work an my bad attitude an lack of focus. I have to be reminded of conversations i had just yesterday w a freind. jeesh i cant imagine that this is all from comming off one drug! i take no others. I do thank God that the shivers and skin crawling seems to be behind me. I really am embarrased an feel like an ilegal drug addict tryign to get back my life. i struggle almost daily with trying to remember why to continue. i know that is the drug talking cause i am not suicidal an couldnt do that to my family but the thoughts are very disurbing and the dreams!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users