• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cloud

cloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to wean off cymbalta, would like support and would like to be of help to others in the ffuture!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:21 AM

Hello All,

After using this drug for two years, I'm ready to give it up. I was prescribed it, two years ago after having postnatal depression in the form of anxiety. From 120mg, I've now taken the last 30mg tablet... I too have decided to go cold turkey as I'm so sick of feeling cloudy, sleepy, forgetful, vague, having night sweats when I forget to take the tablet on time and the lost sex drive!
I know it will be extremely difficult but I have lots of support at home during this time...my parents and husband will alternate days to be with me.... I have two young children to take care of and I want to enjoy them before they grow up, drug free!!! I want to be normal again...and yes I really did need them two years ago and they helped with my anxiety, but now I feel ready to wean off them. Feeling a little dizzy, heat in my body and disoriented...blurred vision and I only stopped this morning!! My wish is that I have a drug free Xmas....my journey begins!

#2 Kattin

Kattin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Weaning off Cymbalta after taking for 1 year

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hi!!
I'm also quiting Cymbalta cold turkey. I was put on Wellbutrin instead & I'll have to come off it at sometime.
Was put on med. due to my Fibromyalgia and not sleeping at night. Well I was still not sleeping, but was in such a fog that
I couldn't function. I'm into day 6 off of it, and now walking like I'm drunk, my words get scrambled when I speak & my hubby says "repeat that again
It sounded funny". So frustrated with all of this. The brain zaps hit now & than & seems to stop me in my tracks till it stops.
I'm a gastric bypass patient who lost 112lbs, and the Cymbalta was making me crave carbs, and I was gainig weight. Since off of it carb. craving subsided
some. I'm not feeling hungry, so have to push my self to get my protein in. I'm able to get all my vitamins in.
Also was having swelling in legs, ankles & feet. Not sure if that was from Cymbalta, but put on lasix and pottasium, so will see what happens.
I have noticed that my energy level has gone up somewhat, so that's a good thing. But since I walk like I'm drunks and get buzzy feeling in arms & legs, not able to do much.
Even walking Up & down stairs is odd.If I look down or up while on them severe vertigo happens. So I hang on tight to handrail & pray I won't fall.
I came off Effexor several years ago & withdrawls from that were a little different, had the brain zaps, but do cordination problems.
Also it seems in evenig I get a horrific headache and have to lie in dark room till it passes.
My hubby isn't very understanding, he thinks I should be able to do things as before. I don't wish this on anyone, but I'd sure like to trade bodies for a day, so he'd see the problems. And I'm nervous to drive, but have to tomorrow to take furbaby to vet. Luckily it's near my home & have jusr neignborhood
streets and one short strip of main road to drive on.
Anyway, Big ((HUGS)) to all going thru this.
Take care,
Kattin

#3 cloud

cloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to wean off cymbalta, would like support and would like to be of help to others in the ffuture!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:52 AM

Day 2 of stopping cymbalta....felt suprisingly well today apart from feeling a little cross-eyed!! When I woke up this morning, I noticed I had broken into a chest sweat too. Has anyone had this symptom? I've been having chest sweats always with cymbalta!!
Feeling fantastic about my decision to come off the drug; I must say, that I'm feeling less cloudy for a change!I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel...
Yeah! Yeah! Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be another great day!!

#4 AussieGrobie

AussieGrobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am going to try to wean myself off Cymbalta. I have been taking it for 3 years now, but feel i have recovered from my terrible depression and grieving.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

I have been taking Cymbalta 60g for about 3 years, and feel ready to try to wean myself off. however i'm not as brave as you to go cold turkey. for a couple of weeks i've tried taking one tablet every second day, but it's messing with my head. and I HATE that feeling.

this is going to be time consuming, but i am going to remove a few tiny balls from each capsule, and increase the amount i remove on a daily basis. i haven't spoken to my GP or pyschiatrist about what i plan to do, but i can't see why they would disagree.

i feel i have finally come out of the deep depression and greiving i was suffering, so the time is right. fingers-crossed.

Regards, Angela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users