• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kalexn

kalexn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I hate Cymbalta and need to get off of it!!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

Hi, I just found this forum and I am needing to get off of Cymbalta. I have been on for about 1.5 years and was on Lexapro for 1.5 before that. My doctor put me on it when I graduated from college for my anxiety and with Lexapro I gained weight. So I went back and asked to be taken off the drug. Instead of taking me off he moved me to Cymbalta which has just been much worse with the weight gain. I had no changes in anything and just weight gain from 130 to 165. I am sick of it.

I have contacted me doctor asking for assistance but I am going to go off of it whether he agrees or not. He doesn't know me and I rarely see him. I am sick of being on the medicine and do not need it. (If for some reason I get anxious again I will choose a different drug) but I do not want to be on a pill like this with all of these side effects. I normally stay away from reading stuff but as I have been reading about the side effects etc. it makes much more sense and I am not going to be on it any longer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things that help during the weaning process? I read something about gatorade and benedryl but any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

Welcome! The best advice is to read, read, read. You'll find many people's success stories here. It seems like there a few common threads, but you will have to find what works best for you. Some people need to reduce very slowly, others can drop more quickly without serious withdrawal effects. In general, the idea is to open a capsule and reduce your intake by no more than 10% per day; that means 10% of yesterday's dose, so toward the end you're doing good to drop by 1 mg per day. I got off of Cymbalta in 30 days; here's a link to my journal from the "Weaning Off Cymbalta" forum:
https://www.cymbalta...alta-a-journal/
But as I said there are many other success stories.

Best wishes!
TimC

#3 random_chic

random_chic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    coming off cymbalta, not going well have run out cant get appointment with Dr til mid December, floaty head problems, feel like im going to explode. Need Help

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

Please please please if you find out let me know, I have found this site in desperation of help, Im new here too. I come off Cymbalta must be a week ago? Cant really remember maybe a week and a half, well I am in so much pain I dont get it at all, I feel like I need to vomit when I stand up I feel like im gonna pass out my fingers and toes going numb radical electrical spikes going into my head I feel like a mess. I cant get into the Dr's til mid December so no script or support, dont know if this keeps up if I will last that long. Any advise would be better than nothing thinking of calling poison information line see if they have a cure.

So sorry no wise words just another person having problems with Cymbalta looking for help before I burst :unsure:

#4 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

Wow! Cymbalta is such a total bummer. I'm sorry you're in this predicament.

Calling the poison control people is actually not a bad idea. They might have access to some info that the rest of us don't.

You could also contact Eli Lilly; they might provide some samples. You could use the samples to wean off slowly.

Best wishes,
TimC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users