• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cloud

cloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to wean off cymbalta, would like support and would like to be of help to others in the ffuture!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:09 AM

Day 3 without cymbalta, after 2 years of using it, and all is quiet on the western front! Aside from a little eye cooordination funniness, all is absolutely FINE! After reading about all the possible side effects of stoppoing cymbalta, I have been anxiously awaiting for the works, but all is okay so far...feeling soooo good I'm pinching myself....hope I'm not speaking too soon...time will tell! Wish someone would reply, feeling all alone in the quitting cymbalta world!!

#2 Kevin in indy

Kevin in indy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    on cymbalta

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:35 PM

Day 3 without cymbalta, after 2 years of using it, and all is quiet on the western front! Aside from a little eye cooordination funniness, all is absolutely FINE! After reading about all the possible side effects of stoppoing cymbalta, I have been anxiously awaiting for the works, but all is okay so far...feeling soooo good I'm pinching myself....hope I'm not speaking too soon...time will tell! Wish someone would reply, feeling all alone in the quitting cymbalta world!!

Cloud,
What mg are you on ,and what benefits did you receive from taking it? Explain why you decided to come off. Tell me the good and bad effects you experienced. I am not sure it is working for me and am considering coming off as well. I've been on 60mg for 1 month. Ran out this past wed. good till today(fri). Now experiencing slight ringing in ears and dizzyness upon standing or bending over. Funny thing is I felt great till today. Ive been on this medication for two months starting the first month on 30 mg per day. Thanks for any response and good health to you!

Cheers,
Kevin

#3 cloud

cloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to wean off cymbalta, would like support and would like to be of help to others in the ffuture!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hello Kevin,

I was on 120mg, then 90mg, then 60, then 30mg over 2years and it was for anxiety...after postnatal depression....I think it helped the first few months of feeling unwell with psysical symptoms such as heat flushes, aches and pains... and then I should have come off it....I was so overwhelmed with the two babies that I didnt think about stopping...anyway with cymbalta, I have always felt cloudy, sleepy all the time, vague and short fused!!! I'm happy to say that since stopping, the 4th day today, I'm feeling better and better!!! Why are you taking it in the first place?

#4 lmw

lmw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    for support and to encourage others

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

One of the reasons I registered for this forum was to tell others what my doctor did for you me that helped tremendously. He prescribed Clonidine, it is a pill they give people getting off drugs, which was kind embarrassing at first,but I didn't have the neausea I had before. I am able to function normally even tho i still have the winter blahs, it is January afterall. I hope this helps someone. I am 2 weeks totally off cymbalta and hoping that I will normal, at least I am not sick all the time.

#5 fedupwithmeds

fedupwithmeds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    currently weaning off Cymbalta, looking for how others are managing

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

One of the reasons I registered for this forum was to tell others what my doctor did for you me that helped tremendously. He prescribed Clonidine, it is a pill they give people getting off drugs, which was kind embarrassing at first,but I didn't have the neausea I had before. I am able to function normally even tho i still have the winter blahs, it is January afterall. I hope this helps someone. I am 2 weeks totally off cymbalta and hoping that I will normal, at least I am not sick all the time.

[

size="3"][/size]

I am currently weaning myself off Cymbalta on my own as I wintering in TX. & am doing this without dr. supervision. I've been taking 60 mg. capsules since sometime last summer and am having a lot of symptoms which I think indicate that Cymbalta isn't good for me and I'm quite concerned. So what I'm doing is taking the 60 mg. capsule apart and initially tried to pour half into one side of the capsule and dump it down the sink and then put the capsule back together and swallow what's left. I'm gradually pouring out a little more but am likely still taking about 20 mg. - possibly more, I don't really know. I have tremors in both hands but worse in left and keep having muscle jerks that just come from nowhere and my urine is quite yellow (used to be almost colorless) and I am also having trouble urinating as well as having trouble with my bowels as well. I wonder what would happen if I just stopped the Cymbalta now - cold turkey? Has anyone done this and with what results? I've been on many anti-depressants for about 20 years but the last one, Effexor caused me all kinds of problems so I switched to Cymbalta and I don't like it either. I also think I have excessive sweating from both of these meds. I am really fed up and while I may have needed something 20 years ago when I was under a lot of stress from many sources at once, I don't think I need an anti-depressant anymore. The side effects far outweigh any good they "might" be doing me. Thanks for listening. I just discovered this site last nite and decided I need to get involved and share and listen to others. Good Luck to Everyone!

#6 Lexi

Lexi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am weaning off Cymbalta after taking 30mg for 2 years

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

I have been on Cymbalta for 2 years and I decided to come off because of the side effects. I am glad I read the posts in this site. I tried, as my doc said to take 30mg one day, skip a day then take 30mg the next for 1 week then stop. I tried that and I was going to lose it. I had brain zaps, extreme irritability, extreme nausea and pain. I read on here to take out some beads each week and then more the next week and so on. The one I thought made the most sense to me was to take out a few beads the first day then double the amount taken out the next day and so on. I did this and it took 2 months but I am Cymbalta free for 3 days now. The symptoms were not too bad. I would have occasional nausea and irritability. Occasional, meaning every few days or so. This idea was amazing to me. It was really tedious to count those little beads but I got a black paper, and did enough for a week at a time. It was really worth it. Thank you for the idea.

#7 chrism23

chrism23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:
    withdrawing off of Cymbalta for the 2nd time in 5 years. Long time AD user. Experiences might be helpful

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

delete post-sorry didn't see the dates and how old the thread was, my bad. Does anyone know how to fully delete a post. I am trying it this way, but the FAQ offers no concrete advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users