No replies to this topic

#1 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

Dropping too fast is bad for most people. Dropping too slow drives some people nuts because you're counting beads day after day. I'd say go slow if you can. The rule of thumb is to drop no more than 10% of yesterday's dose; again some people need to go slower in order to prevent the withdrawal effects. And yes, it would be good to work with your doctor.

If you do an 'eyeball' divide of the beads in one capsule, then count 1/4th of the beads you can estimate how many beads in 1mg. Then figure,
10% of 60mg is 6mg, but
10% of 54mg is 5mg,
10% of 50mg is 5mg,
so in 3 days you've dropped 16mg. That might be OK or it might be too fast. I dropped from 60mg to 0 in 30 days because I was totally determined to quit putting crap in my mouth. Here's my story:
https://www.cymbalta...alta-a-journal/
not because I think I'm so great, but because maybe it will give you some encouragement and because I included all of my tips and tricks for dealing with counting beads.

Now, I'm not a doctor but I can encourage you to figure out what works best for you and do it.

Best wishes,
TimC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users