Photo

Weaning Off Cymbalta Cause Missed Period?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amie815

amie815

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want off of this horrible drug!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

Last month I was trying to wean myself off my 20mg Cymbalta dose. I felt horrible and my BP soared so I started taking it again. I feel better on it then off it. Well now I am 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. My husband had a vasectomy 3 years ago and it has been checked recently to make sure he is still clear. Could the weaning and going back on caused me to be late? Anyone else have this happen?

#2 citysister

citysister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta is horrible

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:51 PM

Amie, wow just found this site today!! I have been weaning off of this crap for about 4 weeks. . .funny, I just realized I missed two periods!! I'm not pregnant--no way I can be!! Honestly I thought that I began menopause because I'm 46yrs old. Now it makes sense!! I feel like I have morning sickness--eating crackers, drinking 7up!! You might be on to something!!

#3 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

The weaning is doing the complete opposite to me. I am getting my period every 2 week. It's bad enough getting off the stuff but to get my period an extra time on top of it is just mean.

#4 EskieMom

EskieMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    Having pretty bad withdrawal symptoms while tapering off Cymbalta, and like many on this site, my Dr. did not warn me or even seem to have a clue about withdrawal symptoms. So I am here for support and guidance to get off this drug successfully.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Is anyone taking the contraceptive pill and missing periods or having periods later than normal?

I have been on Yaz for 3 years. I stopped having a period within a few months after I started taking it. At first I was just having a very light period, then nothing at all. So I haven't had a period on over 2 years now. My OB/GYN says that is fairly common with that particular brand of the pill. I love not having a period, but every once in a while I take a pregnancy test just to make sure!

#5 iolanthe16

iolanthe16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Am in the same boat. I am 2 weeks since my last pill (felt rotten for a few days right after I stopped then started feeling really good, feel amazing now). Started weaning in November 2011 (felt crappy throughout). Since then, I've had all symptoms of pregnancy, but ironically many of them are the same as cymbalta withdrawal. And negative hpts everytime I test for pregnancy. November visit from Aunt Flo was weird. And no sign of my Dec period yet. My husband and I have been trying to conceive as well. Who knows.....seeing the doc on Jan 5.

Anyone else's periods messed up throughout weaning / after stopping the med? Any feedback from your docs about changes in hormones, cycles etc?

Just realized this is an old thread....

cb

#6 itsnotinyourhead

itsnotinyourhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • why_joining:
    scared I am losing it!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Am in the same boat. I am 2 weeks since my last pill (felt rotten for a few days right after I stopped then started feeling really good, feel amazing now). Started weaning in November 2011 (felt crappy throughout). Since then, I've had all symptoms of pregnancy, but ironically many of them are the same as cymbalta withdrawal. And negative hpts everytime I test for pregnancy. November visit from Aunt Flo was weird. And no sign of my Dec period yet. My husband and I have been trying to conceive as well. Who knows.....seeing the doc on Jan 5.

Anyone else's periods messed up throughout weaning / after stopping the med? Any feedback from your docs about changes in hormones, cycles etc?

Just realized this is an old thread....

cb

I stopped cold turkey on thanksgiving which also coicided with my last menstrual cycle. My PMS symptoms were manic, honestly, my husband asked me to stop when I said I wanted to drive the car into a brickwall. I had suicidal thoughts. Since then I have not had a period. It has been nearly 90 days since I had my period or taken Cymbalta. I dont think I have ovulated since. Took 4 pg tests! When will this end?

#7 Amygirl

Amygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Well Ladies,
I have officially been off this crap for about 8 months. My period finally returned to normal about a month of being off the crap (and that's what it is). It took another 6 months to get my mind right and my life back. Please if you can stay away from this drug, do. While you are on it, it makes you feel great but its so addictive and if you are trying to have a baby you can't keep taking it, coming off it is not worth it. Best of luck! Feel free to post more if I can help.
Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users