Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:
    need support coming off this drug

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:44 AM

[left]Hi to all,
I cannot believe there are so many of us suffering from this constant brain buzzing sensation as a result of taking Cymbalta...and yet even though united with a common question, " how do I stop it? " or " when will it go away? " or " help me please? " ..I am perplexed. WHY ISNT ANYBODY LISTENING??? Is there anybody out there that is informed on this matter?, or representing any of the Enterprises that benefit from the sale of Cymbalta, that will take the time to post even ONE entry on these sites??
Perhaps it takes more than thousands of sufferers asking questions? Rather that thousands of sufferers,(lets make it millions!!) and include our close family members, friends and even our long suffering carers. Rather then the millions of victims then,.... perhaps it will take just a handful of professionals, lets say lawyers, doctors, pharmacists and others that have some ties to THE DISPENSING OF THIS DRUG to take an interest in our demise, AND START A CONVERSATION ON THIS SUBJECT. ITS ACTUALLY FREE AND EVEN BETTER, YOU MAY REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
LETS START A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE ILL EFFECTS OF THIS DRUG AND TRY TO CREATE ONE TENTH OF THE STIR THE PAPPARAZZI CREATE WHEN VICTORIA BECKHAM CUTS HER HAIR. (I dont have anything against Victoria and I love her hair, but even she may dislike the stir!)I suppose thats enough of an intro.
My name for the purpose of this blog is QueenBee which I have chosen, as it is currantly my single most defining charactoristic due to the the constant BUZZ in my head. The people in my life would find this quite a surprise, as they would probably assume that If I was to be impacted by enough by a CURRENT medical topic within society, that it would be CANCER. I say this due to my recent cancer diagnosis, followed by depression for which the Cymbalta was prescibed. Instead I have been moved to write about the UNBEARABLE BUZZING IN MY HEAD...unbearable to me - and yet silent, unnoticed and invisible to those around me.
That gives me an idea.....I suppose if we all started to use buzzers and whistles to make the constant noise out of our heads and in public we would probably be arrested for disturbing the peace...HMM VERY INTERESTING IDEA!!! but for now the issue remains silent, YET DISTURBING AND LOUD TO THE VICTIM.
I DO HOPE SOMEBODY READS THIS ...QUEENBEE ME :unsure:

yes i did read your post, and yes i too am having the buzzing or as i prefer to call them brain zaps. they seem to happen when i move my eyes around, and are worse when i move them faster, eg when typing on a keyboard....
i feel like sh*t so i am going to go and lie down, again...

#2 Michelle Hinton

Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:
    need support coming off this drug

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

yes i did read your post, and yes i too am having the buzzing or as i prefer to call them brain zaps. they seem to happen when i move my eyes around, and are worse when i move them faster, eg when typing on a keyboard....
i feel like sh*t so i am going to go and lie down, again...

UPDATE: i was given medication at the ER yesterday. panadeine forte (similar to vicodin) temazepam, and ibuprofen (NSAID).

i am feeling a bit better, at times i have still felt the brain zaps,(not as many) and very agitated, but over all i feel better. i also slept much better last night even though it was drug induced. i am feeling groggy from these other drugs, but it is better much better than without.

i am absolutely disgusted that i wasn't warned about coming off this drug. i will be making a very big noise indeed when i go to my Dr on monday.

i feel soooo sorry for everyone out there suffering with this. hopefully everyone can get some relief soon.

i recommend checking with your Dr before taking any drugs on top of the cymbalta withdrawal. i was very hesitant to take ANYTHING as i just didnt want to add another drug to the mix and potentially further complicate the withdrawal process. but thankfully so far is has been positive for me.

#3 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

I have been taking 30 mg down from 60 mg and finally am in day 2 of cold turkey. The zaps are still as horrible as when I tried to quit on 60 mg daily. My doctor wants to put me on Effexor..no way....they have horrible side effects too. There has to be something to stop the zaps.

Effexor is supposed to have the same terrible withdrawal as Cymbalta does. I didn't have the zaps (thank goodness) but I have read plenty of people have success by taking Omega 3 to ease the zaps.

#4 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

Thank you Pamela. I will try the Omega 3. You should thank the good Lord you didn't have the brain zaps. Its a living hell. Thanks for the info on the omega 3.

Stephanie,

Are you doing a slow wean? I took about 3 months to get off Cymbalta and still used prozac at the end in addition to my other usual meds. I added the Omega 3, Flaxseed, and tons of water too. I read every single piece of information that I could get my hands on. I tried to quit cold turkey a few years ago and it was hell........so this time I went really slow and tried to supplement with the vitamins, water, exericse, etc...

All my best,
Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users