• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nancyweNW

nancyweNW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

I know there isn't a set time for how long the withdrawal symptoms last and depends on the individual. I am curious though to have comments from others on when they started feeling somewhat normal again. I'm still experiencing the brain zaps, tired, a little anxious and just definitely not feeling "myself". I've been off a week froma 20 mg taper of every other day over a 2 week period.

I'm really grateful to have found this site!

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

I am on day 44, and you are right, there is no specific time. The first 2 weeks were the worst for me. I felt like hell. I then started noticing a marked improvement in my thinking and focus, going into week 3. I still had the zaps, and insomnia something terrible, but my focus was back. I just finished an entire years worth of Readers Digest. I was so deadened while on Cymbalta, I stopped reading or doing much of anything. When that focus came back, I couldn't find enough things to read. I took that as a huge sign of healing.

I also have been having nasty flu like body aches, yet I've noticed that in the last 2 days, even those are getting a little better.

At this point, like I said, day 44, I feel mostly good. I only experience the zaps when I first get up in the morning, and they usually subside after I eat some cereal and have some tea. I will say that I am very close to saying I have kicked this, but will reserve that comment for a few more weeks.

I will say one more thing, to those that feel like there is no end in sight, please, hang in there. I really felt hopeless at the beginning, and scared because I had no idea that it would be as bad as it was. On more than one occasion I wanted to give up. But, I made connections here that kept me grounded, and I started the Omega supplements, and just took it a day at a time, sometimes an hour at a time. I honestly never thought I would feel normal again, and it scared me to death. But, it did get better. Let everyone here help you, and don't hesitate to post anything at all. No one should come here to judge or be judged, but to get support and comfort.

Sorry, what was the question again? :mrgreen:

#3 nancyweNW

nancyweNW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the reply! This site is a godsend! It doesn't make the symptoms go away but at least there is hope knowing others are having to deal with this. I have to admit, since I'm only a week into being off it completely, it seems like this is going to go on forever! I've run through my sick leave and vacation time at work so anything now would be time off without pay which I really can't afford. I'm in customer service so trying to do my job well right now is a challenge. I have gotten some fish oil and will try that.

Really appreciate your input and good thoughts.

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

If you have to use other time, and along with your sick pay, you may also want to look into FMLA. It is good to use that to protect your job. Your HR department should have information on it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users