• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nancyweNW

nancyweNW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Aside from the other goodies associated w/the withdrawal from this drug, I find I'm very nauseated at times during the day. I'm eating like there's no tomorrow and putting on a bunch of weight but I'm not even worrying about that at the moment. Does anyone have anything they used to help with nausea if you experienced that?

Thanks!

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

I get nausea from another medicine that I take, and I've started using Zantac, which helps some. Also, I understand the constant eating thing too, I think it has to do with a drop in blood sugar. Try eating smaller meals, and things like applesauce, crackers, herbal tea and soup.

Someone else here has posted that they take dramamine, and I wonder if that would help?

#3 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

My doctor gave me a rx of phenegran. It helped with the nausea and gagging.

#4 nancyweNW

nancyweNW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

I tried eating differently this morning. I'm still not going to get cranked about weight gain right now and just concentrate on getting past the worst of the symptoms. I've been eating a lot of sugar/salt stuff as well as anything I can get my hands on. This morning though I had oatmeal and some fruit. I think this helped contribute to feeling a little better today along w/the fish oil and B12 I started.

#5 basketballmom

basketballmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

Luckily, I had some phenagran (spelling?) left over from kidney stone treatments/meds and I use that for the nausea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users