Photo

Is 3 Months Of 30Mg Daily 30Mg Enough To Cause Withdrawal Trouble?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mashumk

mashumk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Quitting Cymbalta and hurting

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Time-line as of December 16, 2010:

From August of this year to mid-late October I was on 30mg daily for neuropathic pain (occipital neuralgia). To no surprise, Cymbalta had no effect, good or bad, on my pain level.
I experienced no noticeable side effects while on Cymbalta, only while quitting.
Around late October-early November, I stopped cold turkey. Exactly 1 week later, for one day, I experienced "punches" of dizziness starting from the back of my head moving frontward.
Sometimes a single punch, usually a quick succession of 5 or so.
Then, for 5-6 days, I felt normal. About 1 week following that dizzy day (2 weeks after stopping Cymbalta) the dizzy punches returned for several days until I suspected Cymbalta and took a dose one night.
The next day the dizziness was gone.
Since then I've been weaning off. I reached roughly 7-8mg daily until about a week ago when I stopped 100% again.
About 3-4 days later, the dizziness returned, just as strong. I took 10mg Cymbalta to verify if it would have an effect again. The dizziness stopped again. That was yesterday. Today no dizzines, but I took around 7mg in case because it's an awful feeling.

Also, from around the same time, early November til now, my upper stomach as been increasingly, now all day/night burning. It is exactly like acid reflux- including the gagging feeling in the throat and some nausea. But
mostly it's pure burn. After this recent small dose, it hasn't disappeared with the dizziness.
Because of frequent acid reflux, I have been on Prilosec everyday well before I started Cymbalta and have added Aciphex for the past month but the burning continues. I should be producing practically no stomach acid on this regimen.

My questions:

1. Can just 3 months of Cymbalta 30mg cause these specific, very strong withdrawal effects? I see other people with similar symptoms, but they have been on Cymbalta for years. I can't find a case like mine in which it was just 3 months.

2. If Cymbalta withdrawal is causing the burning, what exactly IS the burning? I take 2 PPI antacids so it shouldn't be acid. Does Cymbalta withdrawal damage stomach tissue by some other means?

3. To others suffering burning caused by withdrawal, is your burning in the upper portion around the stomach/esophagus connection?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help. I'm feeling pretty bad/scared here.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

I am having reflux I have never experienced this before

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users