cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:54 PM

I am in WEEK 32, since I started weaning slowly. New symptoms keep on showing. I am having pain in my right knee. It hurts so much it is hard to walk. (I took cymb for Depression not Fibromyalgia). Has anyone (who took the medication for Depression) experienced joint pain/knee pain when quitting???

#2 samo1100

samo1100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

hi cookie, I quit cymbalta 2 weeks ago and started to have the withdrawal symptoms right after that..............but only for 4 days now i feel my knees like if they are in a big trubble, burning sinsation and sometimes needle like pinching. even when i am resting and doing nothing the pain is there..............I am not sure if it is because of cymbalta withdrawal but from my search on the net it appears to be so............I dont know if that perminant or temporal. and i dont know if the drug has actually ruined my knees or is it just a sensation that i can ignore and go on with my life. if i get any new info i will put it here.........by the way, i found that resting and not binding the knees helps in reducing the pain. at least in my case.

#3 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hi Samo1100:

The pain in my knee lasted for about 1 month, then it went away. I took cymbalta for depression not fibromyalgia or pain. Since I started tapering, I began having pain in different parts of my body and somehow I became more prone to accidents because my joints became weaker. When I exercised my joints would make a cracking sound

#4 NatMeds

NatMeds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

I am going through emotional stress, anger issues - just felt like I was on edge 24/7 like a cat ready to spring. My natural medicine doctor put me on a Liver Cleanse and for the emotional part 5-Hydrox-Tryptophan, within 45 minutes I felt like the "edge" disappeared - I take it twice a day and feel so much better, I am in control again.

I started experiencing joint pain along with my feet killing me. Did acupunture and Hyperbartic Oxgyen Chamber treatment. The acupunture relieved about 40% of the pain after my first treatment - Oxygen Chamber is to help enrich my blood which is the lifeline to all of our body parts. My doctor does not feel this is something I will have for life - it will pass soon. I watch what I eat and just do as my New Doctor says - Natural is the way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users