#1 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

I am so angry at my doctor. Im quitting cold turkey due to the fact that i hate being on drugs.. my doctor is crap.. and i cant afford it anymore. I cant believe I wasted so much money on this crap. I am so angry at the stupid doctor who put me on this! At the moment I am angry. I have been off cymbalta cold turkey for 4 days. I have been getting brain zaps..which do not bother me too much. But I feel so sick.. Ive seen enough of the inside of my bathroom to last me a lifetime. Im being the moodiest so and so ever. Can somebody please tell me that it gets better?! I cannot believe the side effects are this bad!!! Im in so much shock over it! Anything that does this to a body should be illegal..I feel like Im a crack addict and I need to lock myself in a room and eat soup and get over it.. Im no expert on crack addictions but Im pretty sure it doesnt take as long as this to get over!

Can someone please tell me it gets better soon? Im so over it. And its christmas and theres so much family around and the last thing I feel like is being social!! Help... :(
Thanks
Cat

#2 Michelle Hinton

Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:
    need support coming off this drug

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

I am so angry at my doctor. Im quitting cold turkey due to the fact that i hate being on drugs.. my doctor is crap.. and i cant afford it anymore. I cant believe I wasted so much money on this crap. I am so angry at the stupid doctor who put me on this! At the moment I am angry. I have been off cymbalta cold turkey for 4 days. I have been getting brain zaps..which do not bother me too much. But I feel so sick.. Ive seen enough of the inside of my bathroom to last me a lifetime. Im being the moodiest so and so ever. Can somebody please tell me that it gets better?! I cannot believe the side effects are this bad!!! Im in so much shock over it! Anything that does this to a body should be illegal..I feel like Im a crack addict and I need to lock myself in a room and eat soup and get over it.. Im no expert on crack addictions but Im pretty sure it doesnt take as long as this to get over!

Can someone please tell me it gets better soon? Im so over it. And its christmas and theres so much family around and the last thing I feel like is being social!! Help... :(
Thanks
Cat

yes you sound very very cranky!! i was filthy too! just another one of the side effects from coming off this filthy drug. i was prescribed valium and ibuprofen and codeine. it helped me. but PLEASE DONT TAKE ANYTHING until you check with a dr. or pharmacist about drug interactions. i had a VERY bad interaction when i took tramal for a migraine, so it taught me to CHECK EVERYTHING!!!

my email is cymbalta.hell@gmail.com if u need to chat.
i feel for you!!!

#3 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for your reply! I wrote that when I was in a funk and very angry... The one thing this has thought me is to not completely trust my doctor and actually just do some research on anything Im put on..At the end of the day Im the one responsible because I took the damn stuff..I feel a bit better today so far...but its only 9am...Eugh this is crap.

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

Dear Catscan:
I feel the same way. I regret not having done any research before taking this drug. I started weaning slowly 8 months ago.
I am not willing to feel bad, this christmas, so I will maintain actual dosage for the holidays. Then on january I will keep on reducing the dose.

#5 K-Allstar

K-Allstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to stop taking Cymbalta, after 3 years.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

I was on 120mg for 6 mos. 60 mg. for 2 yrs. I want off of this stuff more than I have patience for. I went from 120 to 60. I stayed at 60 for 2 weeks. I forgot to take anything for 2 days and thought I was going to die. I am not a dramatic person but I really thought my body could not handle not having any drugs. I opened a capsule and put half back in, swallowed. It was relief that I did not think possible. I have be "half" dosing myself for 3 days. In addition to- and this may help you- I take B vitamins, 3X a day, dramamin for the naseau, propel water for the vitamims, pamperin, and tylenol night time to help me sleep. The naseau is the worst part. Camamille tea is good with a hot bath, before bed. I tried cold turkey, a few times. I couldn't do it. Try slower, break open whatever pills you can get from your doctor (he will give you samples, if you ask) and put half of the beads in. Try to swallow the capsule, it helps with releasing the meds at the right intervals. I am working through this too. I keep saying I am stronger than any pain or discomfort. YOU are too.

#6 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

Thank you so much for your replies.. It really helps knowing that theres other people going through this.. Some forums are so slack.. Im away from home and this is sad anyways.. but all my chemicals being everywhere is not helping..i feel so awful about being horrible to my boyfriend im just feeding him so much junk and chocolate and beers..I really dont know if I could face going back onto cymbalta..I just want out as soon as possible.. Im thinking about getting something for sleeping and to make me get rid of these stupid incredibly vivid dreams im having that I could swear to you are real. The mood sswings are crappy too acually..I never know what mood im going to be in in the next 5 minutes.. and then the 5 minutes after that!. Anyways.. Im going to go eat some chocolate ice cream and watch a weepy movie and try enjoy the holidays..I hope you all do too xx

#7 Michelle Hinton

Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thank you so much for your replies.. It really helps knowing that theres other people going through this.. Some forums are so slack.. Im away from home and this is sad anyways.. but all my chemicals being everywhere is not helping..i feel so awful about being horrible to my boyfriend im just feeding him so much junk and chocolate and beers..I really dont know if I could face going back onto cymbalta..I just want out as soon as possible.. Im thinking about getting something for sleeping and to make me get rid of these stupid incredibly vivid dreams im having that I could swear to you are real. The mood sswings are crappy too acually..I never know what mood im going to be in in the next 5 minutes.. and then the 5 minutes after that!. Anyways.. Im going to go eat some chocolate ice cream and watch a weepy movie and try enjoy the holidays..I hope you all do too xx

you sound like i felt one week ago! i continued to stick it out, i am so glad i did!!! in fact we are off camping today, and i wouldn't have thought it possible last week or especially before that~!!!
i credit the zoloft, for making feel better. i have been on it one week now. [ 50mg for four days then 100mg daily after that.] [I did not want to take any more anti-depressants at all, but zoloft has very mild side effects if any, and mild discontinuation effects too. i am going to take it for a few months or so then probably come off it, i want to see what i am like without medication, i have been medicated for the most part of the past 14 years!!! uugghh]
before i took the zoloft, the symptoms were improving, but VERY SLOWLY.
the valium and nurofen plus helped also.
if you start taking any medications, check with dr. or pharmacist first, wont you.
i had a VERY BAD interaction with tramal it scared me so much. i kept waking up coz i wasn't breathing! i believe thats called respiratory depression. people die like that!!!!! SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!!

cheers
hope you get better soon

#8 Michelle Hinton

Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

you sound like i felt one week ago! i continued to stick it out, i am so glad i did!!! in fact we are off camping today, and i wouldn't have thought it possible last week or especially before that~!!!
i credit the zoloft, for making feel better. i have been on it one week now. [ 50mg for four days then 100mg daily after that.] [I did not want to take any more anti-depressants at all, but zoloft has very mild side effects if any, and mild discontinuation effects too. i am going to take it for a few months or so then probably come off it, i want to see what i am like without medication, i have been medicated for the most part of the past 14 years!!! uugghh]
before i took the zoloft, the symptoms were improving, but VERY SLOWLY.
the valium and nurofen plus helped also.
if you start taking any medications, check with dr. or pharmacist first, wont you.
i had a VERY BAD interaction with tramal it scared me so much. i kept waking up coz i wasn't breathing! i believe thats called respiratory depression. people die like that!!!!! SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!!

cheers
hope you get better soon

catscan -i just saw i have warned about taking medications to you already.. sorry, didnt mean to nag. i think i am writing it on every post i make on here...... better to be safe than sorry!! :)

#9 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:05 AM

Thanks Michelle...I will check first..I have definitely learnt that lesson and also the lesson of do your own bloody research!! Christmas day was fine..more stuffed than the turkey..Im starting to realise that for me the worst time is the night.. i dread it so much..takes me forever tog et to sleep..then the dreams..then when i wake up i feel like i have never been to sleep..Like you Michelle i want to see how i doi without drugs as I have been on them since I was 15..Im 21 now and I believe to be drugged for that long during such a crucial development time isnt really right..Although the sdtupid things have saved my life countless times..

Annnyyyways...thank you so much to everyone who has replied...It really means a lot and I get strenght from just knowing you are here..
Hope the New Year brings happiness and health for everyone

#10 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

UPDATE

Oh wow life is good... Pretty much completely symptom free...still have the weird dreams and some nausea, but only when i think of red peppers.//which i am also having dreams about...but wow... thank you all so much for your kindness and wise words and for giving me the hope that i would get through this...Im aware that this was a fast withdrawl and for that i feel lucky...I just wish all of you feel better soon and get this crap out of your bodies

#11 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

UPDATE

Oh wow life is good... Pretty much completely symptom free...still have the weird dreams and some nausea, but only when i think of red peppers.//which i am also having dreams about...but wow... thank you all so much for your kindness and wise words and for giving me the hope that i would get through this...Im aware that this was a fast withdrawl and for that i feel lucky...I just wish all of you feel better soon and get this crap out of your bodies

Dear Catscan:
How long ago did you quit? Which were your withdrawal symptoms???? I am glad you are feeling well

#12 Michelle Hinton

Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

so glad you are feeling better catscan!
was a pretty crappy way to feel wasn't it?
i am also feling better now. THANK GOD!!!!!
I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER RECOVER!

#13 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

so glad you are feeling better catscan!
was a pretty crappy way to feel wasn't it?
i am also feling better now. THANK GOD!!!!!
I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER RECOVER!

That feeling of never getting better is just way too much! I hated it!

SO glad to hear that other people are starting to feel better as well.

We are strong.....stronger than these withdrawals! ;)

#14 patleg26

patleg26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    coming off of 60mg of cymbalta

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

I am very interested in what everyone has to say, I have been on cymbalta 60 for about 2 years, I decided that I wanted to get weaned off last Februry and ended up
in the hospital in April, I am not sure it was because of withdrawal symptons but what did happen was I was dehydrated and my arms and legs got tingly and numb, a feeling I truly hate, I had test and they told me it was dehydration. So I went back to the cymbalta 60, I was on 20mg as I was getting weaned. Now(2 weeks ago) I am trying again but doing it gradually. I take the 60 4 days and 3 days do not take and they are not consecutive days. I go back to the dr. on the 26 of Jan. and then maybe she will reduce the mg. I do not know exactly what brain zaps are and I'm hoping someone can better explain them to me. I do get a pain in the left side of my head close to my eye. I have had mild naseau but I take a Tums. That helps.
I will not go cold turkey. Any other info you can pass on will be helpful. Sofar
I think I am doing well.

#15 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Dear Catscan. So glad you are symptom free. Not sure I get the thing with red peppers but to each there own. My dreams seem to be repetitive and often involve vampires, snakes, and other things that can create danger to me.

K-Allstar. Hang in there and read as much as you can on this forum. The answers are out there. Good luck with your withdrawal.

#16 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

Thanks for all your support...however I was just lured into a false sense of symptomfreeness... Brain zaps are back... general 'eugh'-ness is back.....

It musta just been a good week...Turns out this is going to be a longer road than expected.. Sorry for the false hope everyone..

patlag26- brain zaps are like a dizziness vertigo weird spacey feeling for me...and then i forget everything.. people names etc. its really really odd...

im going to drown my sorrows in mango sorbet and chocolate..

#17 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for all your support...however I was just lured into a false sense of symptomfreeness... Brain zaps are back... general 'eugh'-ness is back.....

It musta just been a good week...Turns out this is going to be a longer road than expected.. Sorry for the false hope everyone..

patlag26- brain zaps are like a dizziness vertigo weird spacey feeling for me...and then i forget everything.. people names etc. its really really odd...

catscan-

Do you think that going back on a lower dose with a slower weaning schedule would help?

It might ease your symptoms now and provide a smoother transition while you go lower in dosage.

#18 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Dear Catscan:
I am sorry that things were not solved......yet. It has also happened to me, to have completely normal -symptom free weeks. My family would get so happy about it, thinking I was "cured". But then I would have the worst, dark, depressing days. It has been like that since I started weaning slowly 8 months ago. It seems it is not a "linear" thing but a "cycle" thing. Be careful with sweets and chocolate. In my case sugars make things worse and chocolate has caffeine.
In this process one has to be very strong.

#19 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

I really dont think I can go back and wean off it... I feel like the worst it over.. I was in bed for a week when i first came off it and I never want to feel like that again... I feel so much better...I just cant seem to shake the last bit of this...

Im in the process of overhauling my diet and Im finding that interesting. Im writing everything down along with symptoms to see if there is a link. I cut out fast food . the 1st few days were painful.. but now I feel heaps better...like my body is detoxing and im hoping that it has a knock on effect on everything else

#20 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

I really dont think I can go back and wean off it... I feel like the worst it over.. I was in bed for a week when i first came off it and I never want to feel like that again... I feel so much better...I just cant seem to shake the last bit of this...

Im in the process of overhauling my diet and Im finding that interesting. Im writing everything down along with symptoms to see if there is a link. I cut out fast food . the 1st few days were painful.. but now I feel heaps better...like my body is detoxing and im hoping that it has a knock on effect on everything else

Hang in there Catscan. You've come so far and I'm sure that you will be compltely symptom free in no time.

#21 patleg26

patleg26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Catscan
Yes I am new here, I'm reading all of the responses and I'm a little confused as to what is happening to everyone. I have been weaning off since 12/23/10 and I don't seem to be experienceing any major problems, no even minor ones. Is is too soon , I go back to my doctor on 1/26/11 and she will cut back again. I take my meds on Mon,Wed,Thur. Sat. I am off the other three days. I'm still not sure what I should be experiencing with brain zaps. I guess we are all different body chemistry's and will all experience different sysptoms. I did try once before but I think that my problem seemed different back in April, I am being careful and watching for
any problems.
PL

#22 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Catscan
Yes I am new here, I'm reading all of the responses and I'm a little confused as to what is happening to everyone. I have been weaning off since 12/23/10 and I don't seem to be experienceing any major problems, no even minor ones. Is is too soon , I go back to my doctor on 1/26/11 and she will cut back again. I take my meds on Mon,Wed,Thur. Sat. I am off the other three days. I'm still not sure what I should be experiencing with brain zaps. I guess we are all different body chemistry's and will all experience different sysptoms. I did try once before but I think that my problem seemed different back in April, I am being careful and watching for
any problems.
PL

Maybe you are one of the lucky ones. It sounds like your doctor put you on a weaning schedule and is working with you. I know that this can drastically reduce symptoms for some people. Quitting cold turkey usually causes much worse symptoms and some people have found that going the last step to 0 can be a real drag. Hope you don't have to deal with that.

#23 patleg26

patleg26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:20 AM

Then I guess I have to wonder why anyone would want to go cold turkey and put their
bodies thru more stress

#24 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

Most people don't intentionally go cold turkey. With me, I had an issue with running out of medication over a holdiday period and didn't have any Cymbalta to take for 4 days. At the time, I didn't even realize that I was addicted to this drug.

#25 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

Most people don't intentionally go cold turkey. With me, I had an issue with running out of medication over a holdiday period and didn't have any Cymbalta to take for 4 days. At the time, I didn't even realize that I was addicted to this drug.

Rick- How many days has it been? How are you feeling????

#26 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:49 AM

Then I guess I have to wonder why anyone would want to go cold turkey and put their
bodies thru more stress

Weaning for me wasn't an option. I was travelling, and broke, and Cymbalta is expensive. I also wanted this out of my system as soon as possible. I see weaning as slowly taking a band aid off...where as I like to rip it off and be done with it.. You're lucky that you haven't experienced any crap side effects from the withdrawal and I hope you don't have too especially when you completely stop. It doesn't matter if you wean or go cold turkey, no drug should make anyone feel this way. Ever.

#27 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

Weaning for me wasn't an option. I was travelling, and broke, and Cymbalta is expensive. I also wanted this out of my system as soon as possible. I see weaning as slowly taking a band aid off...where as I like to rip it off and be done with it.. You're lucky that you haven't experienced any crap side effects from the withdrawal and I hope you don't have too especially when you completely stop. It doesn't matter if you wean or go cold turkey, no drug should make anyone feel this way. Ever.

Catscan-

It sounds like you are feeling MUCH better. That's awesome! :) :) :) :)

Are you experiencing any side effects still or is it pretty much over with?

#28 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

Rick- How many days has it been? How are you feeling????

Hi Pam,

Today is day 12 and I'm feeling ok. Anger much better but depression building. Of course this may not be totaly due to withdrawal as there are some outside factors causing depression.

#29 catscan

catscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    over this stupid drug

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

Catscan-

It sounds like you are feeling MUCH better. That's awesome! :) :) :) :)

Are you experiencing any side effects still or is it pretty much over with?

I feel soooooooooo much better thank you!!! I really feel like Im out the other side of this..Im still angry for no reason sometimes but I am dealing with it and I have an awesome boyfriend who understands this and lets me rant and rave.
Thanks for asking and all the support..you're awesome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users