9 replies to this topic

#1 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

I am dropping down 1mg each day.......essentially taking 10 extra pellets out of a 20mg pill each day. Today was 90 pellets out which left 90 pellets in.....10mg.

Feel really good. No headaches, nauseau, dizziness, energy level is good.

I am hoping that only a few more days until I am done FOREVER!!!!!

There is hope!!!! :D :D

#2 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Good luck! I weaned myself from 60mg down to 9 mg. I stopped at 9mg four days ago. I have never been so dizzy in my life. I hope this goes away soon.

How long did you take to wean down? Are you still taking the 9mg?

The dizziness SUCKS :angry:
I am taking 20mg of prozac. I think that's what is saving me.....otherwise I would be going :blink:

#3 rach2424

rach2424

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawl :(

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Hi Pamela :) I know we have talked before, but I just saw your post. The last thing I want to do is bring you down, but, wanted to let you know that I did not start experiencing any of my withdrawl symptoms until about 3 days after I was COMPLETELY done weaning off the drug :( I REALLY hope this is not the case for you seeing as you are taking Prozac as well. Maybe that will make things different!

#4 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hi Fellow Michigander..........

Thanks for responding. I am cautiously optimistic about how the next few weeks are going to go. From what I have read of other people's experiences the Prozac really seems to mask a lot of the withdrawal symtoms. I also still take Wellbutrin. I know that it could get really bad....keeping my fingers crossed that it won't. I am prepared though to do a slower wean as I have enough medication to wean for a year ( :o ). If it gets bad at least I know that I have some options to wean slower or stick it out.

#5 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Dear Pam:
What dosage are you taking now?????
I am taking 3mg. I am going very slow from now on. I am still scared that full withdrawals will hit once I quit completely (like Rach2424 says).
I still have the hope that if I go very slowly at this stage, withdrawals are going to be "lighter".
New symptoms keep on appearing, this week I had the weird dreams people mention on this site.
I would love, if you kept me posted on your progress, maybe we can support each other on this last stage. It is really hard for my family and friends to really understand what is going on.
Hugs
Cookie

#6 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

I am taking 9mg now. I felt SO good to have less pellets IN the capsule than what I took out.

I am hoping that the prozac is keeping the withdrawals away but I am prepared to go slower if need be. Luckily I have seemed to accumulate enough pills over the years that I could wean for years and probably more years :P if I needed to. Please, let that not be the case!

#7 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

Took out 110 pellets from a 20mg capsule today.

That left 70 pellets so about 7.5mg. Feel good. Going to workout today since that always helps.

My son is having surgery this week so if I start feeling bad I won't continue to drop since I need to be 100% on top of my game to take care of my little guy.

Everyone have a peaceful weekend.

There is hope at the end of this Cymbalta mess. :)

#8 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

I hope everything goes well with your son´s surgery.

#9 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

I hope everything goes well with your son´s surgery.

Thanks Cookie....

It's your typical 10 year old's adnoids removal procedure. Cauterizing the blood vessels in his nose as well. It's interesting trying to explain how anesthia works to him.....he has Asperberger's (a form of high function autism). Everything to him is VERY literal. I told him that anesthia kinda turns your nerves off. "Where is the on-off switch?" was his next questions. :P

#10 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Thanks Cookie....

It's your typical 10 year old's adnoids removal procedure. Cauterizing the blood vessels in his nose as well. It's interesting trying to explain how anesthia works to him.....he has Asperberger's (a form of high function autism). Everything to him is VERY literal. I told him that anesthia kinda turns your nerves off. "Where is the on-off switch?" was his next questions. Posted Image

Dear Pam:
Yes, I have read about Asperger Syndrome and how things are very literal for them.
Best to you and your kid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users