No replies to this topic

#1 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. Well, you have come to the right place. It sucks! :angry: :angry:

While no one here is a Dr, especially me, I can only tell you what I have found to work. I think that everyone is a little bit different in how they choose to get off of the 'balta' and the level of their side effects.

What most people seem to have in common is WEANING.........not cold turkey!!!!!

I am down to 7 mg from a high of 90mg at one point. It has taken me nearly 3 months. While my Dr. said take 60 for a week, then 30 for a week and be done I knew from prior experience that wasn't going to work.

I dropped from 60 to 50 and stayed there about 2 weeks. 50 to 30 for about 3 weeks. 30 to 20. I stayed on 20mg for the longest time. I had read about people successfully getting off cymbalta by using prozac so I added in prozac about a month ago. For the past 2 weeks I have been dropping down a 1mg a day. I am not sure how the end is going to be.

Exercise, electrolyte drinks, rest, sleep and aleve have all helped as well.
Keep reading......go back years in the forums and see all the different ways that people have done it.

Also...make sure that your Dr. knows what you are doing. Maybe they can help with suggestions or switching to another medication.
Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users