#1 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hi Everyone, it's my third attempt to get off of SSRI. I got my first AD when I C/T-ed of Clonopin 2 years ago. My doc higly recommended to get on to ease withdrawal symptoms. After taking Lexapro for six months I decided to quit because I fed up with the side effects, I asked my doc what to do and he gave me Effexor to taper off. Not sure what was his point. Anyways I couldn't got off due the nasty Wd symptoms, it seemed like I got hooked on on SSRI without enjoying some benefits of it. Six months passed by still on effexor when he came out a wonderful idea once again to change to Cymbalta because quote him " Its a relatively new drug with less side effects and has great reviews", I think he was just keep pushing the drog. I've landed on cymbalta and got some new side effects to complete my collection.
Cut the long story short it's been 2 moths I've tapering off of 60 mg of cymbalta. The WD symptoms are so colorful, and nasty.

I'm counting the beads now down to approximately 3 mg..and feel awful.In the last two weeks my stomach acting up,I feel so sick..having heartburn, nausea ,headaches, brain zaps. I feel I can't function due the intrusive thoughts I having constantly.
Can't sleep and my body aches everywhere.
Can't wait this to be over.
God bless,
Lexy

#2 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hi Everyone, it's my third attempt to get off of SSRI. I got my first AD when I C/T-ed of Clonopin 2 years ago. My doc higly recommended to get on to ease withdrawal symptoms. After taking Lexapro for six months I decided to quit because I fed up with the side effects, I asked my doc what to do and he gave me Effexor to taper off. Not sure what was his point. Anyways I couldn't got off due the nasty Wd symptoms, it seemed like I got hooked on on SSRI without enjoying some benefits of it. Six months passed by still on effexor when he came out a wonderful idea once again to change to Cymbalta because quote him " Its a relatively new drug with less side effects and has great reviews", I think he was just keep pushing the drog. I've landed on cymbalta and got some new side effects to complete my collection.
Cut the long story short it's been 2 moths I've tapering off of 60 mg of cymbalta. The WD symptoms are so colorful, and nasty.

I'm counting the beads now down to approximately 3 mg..and feel awful.In the last two weeks my stomach acting up,I feel so sick..having heartburn, nausea ,headaches, brain zaps. I feel I can't function due the intrusive thoughts I having constantly.
Can't sleep and my body aches everywhere.
Can't wait this to be over.
God bless,
Lexy

Lexy-

So your Dr. gave you Effexor ,one of the nastiest known drugs to withdraw from, to get off Lexapro (which is supposed to have mild withdrawal symptoms)? I am NO Dr. but that makes NOOOO sense to me. Cymbalta and Effexor are SNRI's which work on 2 receptors in the brain while the SSRI's only one. Cymbalta and Effexor are essentially cousins. Kissing, nasty, mean cousins. :P

Sad how us lay people seem to do more research and know more about these drugs than the ones that we pay to help us do.
I am so sorry that you feel like such crap. Have you read the boards and seen some of the things that people are doing to help with the withdrawals? There's a lot of great information out here from people just like us....ones who have been there and get it.
All my best,
Pam

#3 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Lexy-

So your Dr. gave you Effexor ,one of the nastiest known drugs to withdraw from, to get off Lexapro (which is supposed to have mild withdrawal symptoms)? I am NO Dr. but that makes NOOOO sense to me. Cymbalta and Effexor are SNRI's which work on 2 receptors in the brain while the SSRI's only one. Cymbalta and Effexor are essentially cousins. Kissing, nasty, mean cousins. :P

Sad how us lay people seem to do more research and know more about these drugs than the ones that we pay to help us do.
I am so sorry that you feel like such crap. Have you read the boards and seen some of the things that people are doing to help with the withdrawals? There's a lot of great information out here from people just like us....ones who have been there and get it.
All my best,
Pam

Thanks Pam, the worst thing I'm quiet depressed about the whole situation. It took two years from my life. Well I keep kicking, fighting. The stomach issues are really frightening..as a hypochondriac I think about the worst off course.

I always look on the bright side of life :wacko:

God bless,
Lexy

#4 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Pam, the worst thing I'm quiet depressed about the whole situation. It took two years from my life. Well I keep kicking, fighting. The stomach issues are really frightening..as a hypochondriac I think about the worst off course.

I always look on the bright side of life :wacko:

God bless,
Lexy

Lexy...

How are you feeling? Are you still on 3mg?

I am down to 15 beads. I feel so silly taking 15 beads but hey.....you do what you gotta do.

Not to be gross but I WISH that my stomach would start to empty. The constipation has not eased at all since I started weaning. I thought for sure that by now I would be ok. Oh well.........just another issue I suppose. :blink:

#5 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Lexy...

How are you feeling? Are you still on 3mg?

I am down to 15 beads. I feel so silly taking 15 beads but hey.....you do what you gotta do.

Not to be gross but I WISH that my stomach would start to empty. The constipation has not eased at all since I started weaning. I thought for sure that by now I would be ok. Oh well.........just another issue I suppose. :blink:

Pam:)

It's a roller coaster ride..I taking about 20 beads... hey we are on the same amount. Stomach issues almost everything except constipation. When I started to taking cymbalta back in last year I have had horrible constipation for about a month..so I really feel for you.

We would be alright, time, and going slow vital are vital elements in our process. Keep taking off the beads and hope we can get a slow landing without protracted withdrawal symptoms in the future.

God bless,
Lexy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users