Photo

Cymbalta withdrawal got me a 5.7 fixed rate!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrNice

MrNice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

After 9 days off Cymbalta I (and my wife) find that I'm easily irritated. So I'm channeling my anger at all the right people. Number 1 on my list was an equity line of credit we took for a down payment on our house. (We had the cash, but took their advice to keep my money and use it for other things)So I called the mortgage company and told them that after 4 years of payments we still owe 200.00 more than we did when we took it out. I said that I really dont like the house and it needs alot of work. I think I might just buy a house with CASH and let you have this house. You see, we were those sucker buyers that didnt know the market and at the time the market was so hot, we felf LUCKY to get this house. We didnt buy beyond our means and actually saved over the years quite alot. I dont suggest that everyone do this, but I can say that it did WORK and I got 5.7% fixed for 30 yrs. :twisted:

#2 tickedoff

tickedoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

:) :lol: :lol: Thanks for the good laugh that I really needed. I love this post!!!!!!! It sooooo epitimizes the effects of the withdrawals. Yesterday I almost chewed out one of our prayer group moms after she interrupted me when I was talking. I've been a silent reader of this and other sites for weeks and have been tapering myself off this CRAP!! I don't know how long I've been on it, (6 months?) but I started to gain weight continuously and have gained 20 pounds. I've always been active and have exercised and taught aerobics. After starting to gain weight I had blood taken and other tests to see what was causing the problem. It was determined that I'm pre-diabetic. After finding out about it, I started working out like never before and trying things that I've never tried before because I couldn't loose the weight ....no matter what I did :x :x People kept telling me that I must be doing something wrong. I have never even really had to diet before and was able to loose any weight quickly. Now I'm drinking skim milk and drinking tons of water avoiding bad things eating only good things etc. ect. ect. Everyone kept telling me that I must be doing something wrong......and boy.... :evil: .....after doing everything in the book and people are still telling you that!!!! :evil: Can you tell I'm having withdrawal symptoms?? Thank God that I found out that this is the problem and I'm not going crazy. Thank God that I found these sites and all of you who are going through the same thing because I'm tired of listening to people who don't know what they are talking about!! After much prayer..., I decided to get another opinion and I had an appointment with a different Dr. this week. THANK GOD! the first thing out of his mouth was "continute to get off of it, it definitely causes weight gain" !! YEA!! I' ve weaned myself down and have been Cymbalta free for four days. Yesterday was horrible....cryed about everything, angry, dizzy, eyeballs won't catch up to head movement, quick to snap someones head off, ect. How long will all of this last?? Does anyone know??
Thanks,
Dina - Chesapeake, VA

#3 nancyweNW

nancyweNW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

Ok, I have to chime in here as well! Loved your post and the title is great!! I was having a bit of a pitty party today as I'm sick of these dang headaches not to mention the 6 pounds I've put on from eating anything that doesn't move. (Note to self: all things that don't move may not be as edible as they appear.) Your post was great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users