#1 zeekatha

zeekatha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    having bad cymbalta withdrawl

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

Hi,im new here but am glad I found this site.I feel like I have no one to talk to about how im feeling.Ive tried talking to family,but I feel like they brush it off like im exagerating or something.I am a 30yr old single mom.I have been taking cymbalta for about 6 months now to help with depressin and anxiety because of my childs father.I have been doing well on it,although I did experience some weight gain.Recently I felt it was time to come off the meds.I have been feeling better,and other personal reasons.I weaned myself down from 2 pills a day,to 1 then every other day.Then stopped,all within the course of 2 weeks.I just wanted to get it over with and not drag it out.I have been off for a week now,and I feel like crap.I have headaches alot,dizziness,im tired all the time and feel very spacey.Im also very thirsty and moody.And the worst feeling ive had is when i move my eyes or close them my heart beats fast and i feel a weird almost tingly feeling in my chest and arms,right to my finger tips.Its drives me nuts.I hate that feeling!How long does this wihdrawal last??I refuse to turn back now,im a week out and I wll never put myself through this again.If I would have know what the withdrawal was like I would have never started this medication.Ive been takng motrin for the headaches and ive actually taken some hydroxazine I was perscribed hoping it would mellow me out and help me sleep.Because as exhausted as I feel I cant sleep.It did help me sleep,but I felt so much wrse the next day.Is there any relief in sight.....

#2 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hi,im new here but am glad I found this site.I feel like I have no one to talk to about how im feeling.Ive tried talking to family,but I feel like they brush it off like im exagerating or something.I am a 30yr old single mom.I have been taking cymbalta for about 6 months now to help with depressin and anxiety because of my childs father.I have been doing well on it,although I did experience some weight gain.Recently I felt it was time to come off the meds.I have been feeling better,and other personal reasons.I weaned myself down from 2 pills a day,to 1 then every other day.Then stopped,all within the course of 2 weeks.I just wanted to get it over with and not drag it out.I have been off for a week now,and I feel like crap.I have headaches alot,dizziness,im tired all the time and feel very spacey.Im also very thirsty and moody.And the worst feeling ive had is when i move my eyes or close them my heart beats fast and i feel a weird almost tingly feeling in my chest and arms,right to my finger tips.Its drives me nuts.I hate that feeling!How long does this wihdrawal last??I refuse to turn back now,im a week out and I wll never put myself through this again.If I would have know what the withdrawal was like I would have never started this medication.Ive been takng motrin for the headaches and ive actually taken some hydroxazine I was perscribed hoping it would mellow me out and help me sleep.Because as exhausted as I feel I cant sleep.It did help me sleep,but I felt so much wrse the next day.Is there any relief in sight.....

I am a single mother too. I work full time and parent full time so I couldn't afford to feel like crap for long. I weaned off VERY slowly. I was on for a lot longer than you were though so maybe that's why I had really bad withdrawals a couple of years ago when I tried to do it cold turkey.
If you don't want to go back on at a lower dose and wean I would suggest scouring these boards and reading all the suggestions that people have posted over the years. Supplements, exercise, water etc......

For the most part the withdrawals just have to run their course while your brain adjusts to not having the medication.

Best of luck!
Pam :)

#3 claramolee

claramolee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    for reply

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

hi this is a good site i don't know the exact answer of this question but i want to say something about U2C. U2C is the next generation of free online classifieds. U2C places a simple solution for placing your ads online. It provides you with simple and intuitive categories to post ads and to search for ads either in yourpreferred location or in your preferred category.For this purpose i create free blog if you want to know more about this just see this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users