camcam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta is ruinig my life

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

So I found this website looking for cymbalta withdrawal symptoms I feel like I might have made a mistake going on cymablta I have been on it for 2 years maybe I will ask my doctor how long I have been on it, my fam doctor wasn't the one who prescribed it to me the mental health centre did. we tried it for a while and I quickly felt better in a month I wasn't having susccess being on celexa.

They put me on SSRIs for post traumatic stress, massive depression and anexity. I wasn't really reluntant to go on any type of SSRIs because I thought having a medication change my mood was wrong but then I was also fed up of feeling of depression and PTSD all the time so I started celexa for 1 year then it wasn't working so we tried cymbalta.

I knew of the side effect going on cymbalta but I had no idea there would be coutinous side effect for taking it 6 months in taking it I was getting dizzy spells I wasn't sure I thought it was because sometimes I wouldn't have an appetite even before going on cymbalta then I was hungry. but when the dizzy spells happened when I was well fed I realized it was the SSRIs. Panic attacks still happen during the medication but they were mangaeable a few months I had a really bad panic attack that didn't go away. in the mental health emergency room they said that the dizzy spells wasn't something they heard of common being cymbalta so I thought nothing of it.

When I spoke wiht my natural path doctor he was more of using natural methods and he suggested I come SSRIs all togegher but speak with my fam doc first. I tired his natural methods while still taking cymbalta my regular 30mg one daily. and I felt better. I was taking fish oils only 4 a day. but now I have noticed I am comptipated , like someone is suppose to have a bowl movement at least 3 times a week it came down nothing at all 2 weeks or sometimes longer. then I got worried and then did some research and noticed that I am getting more of the listed uncommon side effects of cymbalta and still having the common ones.

now I am starting to come off cymbalta is day 2 no cymablta, sitll taking fish oils and doing my meditation. what prompt me to come off it was the sharp pain in my right side of my body it gets so bad that I can't move my arm at all. the pain attacks are happening more frequent so I am coming off it as slowl as possible I am going to take a cymbalta every 2 days until I see my family doctor and tell her we need to change this and no longer use cymbalta and stop SSRIs all together.

#2 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hi camcam,

I made a big mistake to take cymbalta on the first place for help to ease benzodiazepin WD. I have trusted my pdoc blindly and got hooked on.

I taper off of it for 3 months and I'm down 10 beads. Sounds ridiculous isn't it..?: Lol
As I go lower I experiencing wide range of WD symptoms as nausea, stomach pain, joint muscle pains, headaches, blurred vision, rebound panic/anxiety attacks and many more.

You have made a right decision to get off and I know it shall pass eventually.

I realized I can't seek help in drugs as they causing more harm than good.

God bless,
Lexy

#3 DoubleRMom

DoubleRMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    CYMBALTA hatred

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hi camcam,

I made a big mistake to take cymbalta on the first place for help to ease benzodiazepin WD. I have trusted my pdoc blindly and got hooked on.

I taper off of it for 3 months and I'm down 10 beads. Sounds ridiculous isn't it..?: Lol
As I go lower I experiencing wide range of WD symptoms as nausea, stomach pain, joint muscle pains, headaches, blurred vision, rebound panic/anxiety attacks and many more.

You have made a right decision to get off and I know it shall pass eventually.

I realized I can't seek help in drugs as they causing more harm than good.

God bless,
Lexy

#4 DoubleRMom

DoubleRMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    CYMBALTA hatred

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

Hi camcam,

Congratulations on choosing to get off Cymbalta. I am 2 weeks free and counting and 2 things have helped me tremendously: I take a B Complex vitamin specifically for strees and I have had a couple of accupunture treatments specifically for brain function. Also, getting off of this poison will help with the irregularity, which make you feel better immediately.

Deep breaths, girl.

I wish you well.

DoubleRMom

#5 camcam

camcam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta is ruinig my life

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

I am actually going off cold turkey this morning when I went to pour my juice and plan breakfast I didn't pick up the cymbalta (my doc has giving it to me on sample so I am not paying for it) but still when I go in and see her for my yearly check-up I will let her know what has happened to me being on cymablta, she said I do look better from when I first went to her and said I think I have PTSD she has been great I know she is just trying to give me the best options and sometimes you have to be your own doctor.

This morning when I woke up sharp pain in the right arm happened again and in the middle of the night but it lasted shorter then previous attacks. so I think being cold turkey might work I went cold turkey on the other anti depressants I just wasn't on supplement vitamins. so I think since I do have a natural path doctor now I will seek him for more advice he suggested I visit the natural homeopath student college and get a full exam done which I will do so I can make sure I have a back up plan for my depression, and I am back in psychothreapy again. and with my buddhist group and how we chant nam-myoho-renge-kyo things will get better, which is a big step compared to my thinking before.

Cymbalta did work for a short term 3 months, after 6 months then the symptoms the cymabalta nightmare started. but I thought it would go away as it did when I was on celaxa looks like each anti depressants needs to be done with guards up.

I just left a complaint with Lily the company that seems to sell cymabalta to my family doc and mental health centre and made a complaint to them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users