3 replies to this topic

#1 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

My last day of Cymbalta was Saturday. I did a VERY slow wean since October. I was counting beads at the end and took a few weeks to even wean off 20mg. I also take Prozac and Wellbutrin. I feel nothing......no headaches, no dizziness, no nauseua.

Is it too good to be true or am I really done??????

#2 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

My last day of Cymbalta was Saturday. I did a VERY slow wean since October. I was counting beads at the end and took a few weeks to even wean off 20mg. I also take Prozac and Wellbutrin. I feel nothing......no headaches, no dizziness, no nauseua.

Hi Pam:)

I'm happy for you. It was a smooth landing and I'm sure it will continue like this.

God bless,
Lexy

#3 Happy

Happy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have RSD/CRPS and have been on 60 mg. Cymbalta for six months. I found this website when looking up info on possible withdraw symptoms and found it overwhelmingly helpful. I have never communicated like this before but I would like some suggestions. Also, it made me feel (for the first time) a sense of support for one another which I haven't had sense this has all happened to me two years ago. Thank you.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

Pamela: Hope you are still doing well. Thanks for your reply today. I'm waiting for my doctor to call back to see if I can get a scrip for 20mg. I'm hoping the slower the withdraw the less the side effects. One can hope!

#4 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Happy-

I have tried cold turkey and it was TERRIBLE. This time I knew that I could go as slow as I wanted so I didn't rush myself and if I felt bad then I didn't continue to drop in dosage. It was easier in the beginning at the higher dosages when I did the drops. It got more difficult the lower I got. The 20mg pills do allow for a slower wean. As long as your doctor is supportive and understanding you should be fine.

I am on other medications though so my withdrawal wasn't as bad as it could have been. I didn't want to feel cruddy and have to go back on the 'balta so I did everything that I could to help myself. Exercised, took vitamins, ate healthy, rested. Aleve seemed to help the headaches and electrolyte drinks helped too. I found all of these suggestions on this board......otherwise I would have felt pretty helpless and scared.

You can do it...............
Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users