#1 bscott915

bscott915

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm currently taking Cymbalta

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

I am 34 years old and was on Paxil since I was 18 years old. I was hospitalized several times last year for depression/suicidal thoughts. My doctor finally got me off of Paxil which has the same kind of withdrawal as Cymbalta. She then proceeded to start me on Cymbalta and did not let me know I was starting the same nightmare with this drug. I am out of work on long term disability and I feel like I have to comply with my doctors orders or else they will say I am being uncooperative with my treatment. I have thought about going cold turkey but I can't get through that nightmare. I hate the thought of facing the rest of my life dependent on these medications but coming off of them is no joke. I am really scared.

#2 Happy

Happy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have RSD/CRPS and have been on 60 mg. Cymbalta for six months. I found this website when looking up info on possible withdraw symptoms and found it overwhelmingly helpful. I have never communicated like this before but I would like some suggestions. Also, it made me feel (for the first time) a sense of support for one another which I haven't had sense this has all happened to me two years ago. Thank you.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

I truly believe that 99% of the time our doctors truly care about their patients but I think they are so busy that they don't take the time to read up on the drugs they give their patients. The drug salesperson comes in and gives them all these samples and tells them how wonderful the drug is and since everything is FDA approved they hand it out to their patients. If I would have known what I was taking I wouldn't have taken it. I blame myself on this one. I usually do my homework but I like my pain doctor so much I just did what he said.

Well, I am starting my withdraw tonight from 60mg. to 30mg. If that is too much, I'll start counting beads. I found a reply Pamela gave about counting the beads so I think I understand what to do. I certainly understand about being scared believe me, I'm right there with you. I just decided I'm going to put my trust in God and pray myself through this.

If you begin withdrawal let me know, I'll pray for you too.

#3 bscott915

bscott915

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

I truly believe that 99% of the time our doctors truly care about their patients but I think they are so busy that they don't take the time to read up on the drugs they give their patients. The drug salesperson comes in and gives them all these samples and tells them how wonderful the drug is and since everything is FDA approved they hand it out to their patients. If I would have known what I was taking I wouldn't have taken it. I blame myself on this one. I usually do my homework but I like my pain doctor so much I just did what he said.

Well, I am starting my withdraw tonight from 60mg. to 30mg. If that is too much, I'll start counting beads. I found a reply Pamela gave about counting the beads so I think I understand what to do. I certainly understand about being scared believe me, I'm right there with you. I just decided I'm going to put my trust in God and pray myself through this.

Thanks, I believe in prayer too. If I withdraw, I may do it that way too, by reducing the beads or whatever their called. Best wishes.

#4 camcam

camcam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta is ruinig my life

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

|You have to be your own doctor sometimes, I told my chiropractor that I stopped cymbalta for 4 days now and that I think it was causing my pain to lead me to seeing a chiropractor. I have been cold turkey day 4 now and I can tell you I am actually happy to have a trip the bathroom and actually make progress :) my right arm is no longer going numb to where I can't move and those dizzy spells and seeing those weird spots have stopped.

If paxil has the same symptoms of cymbalta you will just keep repeating the same pattern and it will not get you better it will just keep you sick. now I am going on the alternative medicine route, chiropractic care, accupunture, meditation, natural vitamins anything else other then some lab manmade drug that may or may not ruin my life in the future.

#5 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

Happy-
I am glad that my experience is able to help someone else. I couldn't drop from 60mg to 30mg....it was too much for me. I went down 10 mg every few weeks until the end when I went down by 1mg increments. See how your body responds and how you feel but I didn't rush it because I found that when I did try to drop too fast I felt like crud. Took me a solid 3 months to get off completely.

All my best,
Pam

#6 bscott915

bscott915

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

By the way, I am on an extremely high dose it seems. I take 120 mgs of Cymbalta daily. It will not be easy getting off of it for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users