1 reply to this topic

#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

Since many here were diagnosed with Fybromyalgia, and then placed on Cymbalta to manage the pain, it may be worth having your D levels checked. Someone on here posted that her Mom had been having a lot of body aches, and had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but got a second opinion, and was found to be deficient in Vitamin D.

I have had such horrid body aches since I quit Cymbalta, and this caught my eye. So, I had my liver enzymes and vitamin D levels checked, and I am low in vitamin D! I want to thank whoever posted that piece of information! I will now be taking 50,000 units of D 3 times a day, for 3 months, and then be checked again. I'm hoping this is the key to my body pain. It was really a shot in the dark, I was more concerned about liver damage. (that test was fine)

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Since many here were diagnosed with Fybromyalgia, and then placed on Cymbalta to manage the pain, it may be worth having your D levels checked. Someone on here posted that her Mom had been having a lot of body aches, and had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but got a second opinion, and was found to be deficient in Vitamin D.

I have had such horrid body aches since I quit Cymbalta, and this caught my eye. So, I had my liver enzymes and vitamin D levels checked, and I am low in vitamin D! I want to thank whoever posted that piece of information! I will now be taking 50,000 units of D 3 times a day, for 3 months, and then be checked again. I'm hoping this is the key to my body pain. It was really a shot in the dark, I was more concerned about liver damage. (that test was fine)

Sarah J just let me know that it was Mendozen that posted this information, so thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users