• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mishka

Mishka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for years and am finally weaning myself off of it. I like the idea of communicating with others about this drug and its effects.

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hey everyone!!!

I originally started weaning myself off of Cymbalta about 15 or so months ago. I was on 60mg, then brought myself down to 40, then to 20 by the time 4 months passed. I stayed on 20, once a day, for several more months. Then in the summer- around May/June, I started taking one every other day. Then eventually one every 2 days...then every 3-4 days, over the course of a couple months.
Now, I'm actually at a point where in the past month I've taken just one 20mg tablet once a week, then every other week...then every 2 weeks. I would just have my Rx with me at all times, and if I felt I "needed" one, I'd take it. But take note of when that was and have myself try to stretch farther each time.

Now, I took my last 20mg tablet on Jan. 9. Coming up on 4 weeks ago. When I took it, I actually felt some anxiety/heart palpitations for a couple days afterward. As of today, I'm feeling the symptoms a tiny bit. I feel a bit dizzy and short of breath and have a sinus/tension headache. I just had a spell where I "saw stars" for a brief second, which I know is related to the Cymbalta. I do NOT want to take another 20mg pill and have heart symptoms again.

My question to all of you is- should I tough it out? These are obviously withdrawal symptoms and I've had them before, and dealt through them before. They suck, but eventually, it will pass. OR...should I start counting the beads? I have 15 pills at 20mg each left. I could decrease to 10 for a week, then 5 for a week, then 2.5...then stop. Would that be easier? Or since I'm already basically off of the medication...should I tough it out instead of feed the addiction, so to say. Another note, I've been on Cymbalta for over 5 years now. I will never recommend it to anyone...the fact that there are these forums out there and that it is BANNED in other countries...says a hell of a lot.

Thanks guys. And stay strong!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users