Crazy Misty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Coming off of Cymbalta

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hello, my name is Misty. I am a 31-year old working mother who is wondering what the heck I was thinking. I have been on Cymbalta for the past year for my migraines. YES, it did help with my migraines but I am coming off of Cymbalta and I am on Day 6 and I could care less about anything it helped with at this point.

I am very disappointed in myself for not looking into this medicine before I just took my doctors word for it. While it did help me with my migraines, it also dulled my senses to reality.

I am coming off of this medicine because I am NOT a pill taker and I am horrified of my body relying on ANY medication to function daily.

Well, my body relied on Cymbalta and currently my body hates me.

My biggest side effects are:

fuzzy mind 24/7
extreme nausea
throwing up frequently
stomach and GI problems
brain shocks
and my senses have all come flooding back at once

There is another issue that I am not sure if it is safe to discuss on this website so feel free to update this or modify it to be acceptable to this website.

I have always had a high sex drive and I never even realized it had been dulled by Cymbalta because apparently it had. My sex drive has went through the roof over the past few days. It is NOT affected by the lack of energy or desire in my "barely functioning" body either.

I am struggling really bad to make it through the days without passing out, falling over, etc...

#2 ojoy

ojoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I've tried getting off of Cymbalta multiple times and have failed. I'm determined to make this time count.

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

I have just made it to day 7. I passed the sign "You are now entering Hell" about 4 days ago. This has to be at least the fifth time I've tried to get off of Cymbalta. Obviously, I couldn't tolerate the withdrawal symptoms in the past, but I am trying my hardest to make this time count. I have been on it for about 5 years. I was never once told about how hard it is to get off of or what being on it does to your body. I, like you, abhor drugs of any kind. This was concretely confirmed when Cymbalta started causing more symptoms than it was supposed to be curing. But I have to say, I really wish I could just chicken out and go back on the meds. I work and go to school full time, and right now I'm having trouble even functioning. I don't have as many stomach problems as you do, but the brain shocks, fuzzy mind, and flooding of the senses are all here. I also keep getting intense chills and then I break out in a cold sweat. I can't sit still but am so exhausted. Until you mentioned it, I hadn't noticed my sex drive, but you're right, it has gone through the roof! I'm so lucky that I found this website. I thought I was the only one going through this. I keep wondering, how long is this going to last?!

#3 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

Good luck to both of you. Have you considered talking to your doctor about weaning off of Cymbalta rather then going cold turkey? It was the only way I did it and I'm now at day 34 Cymbalta free. Ask you doctor about a weaning strategy and possibly adding Prozac short term to help with the withdrawals. Above all, search this forum for advice on how others have made it through this. It helps to know that you are not alone. As far as the sex drive goes, Cymbalta killed mine. That is one of the reasons why I decided to stop taking it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users