• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hi all -
Some of you know me. I was very active on this board for about eight months and I am very grateful to you all, especially Cookie, Junior and MaureenV. I always intended to stay active when I was finally off, out of gratitude and to pay forward. But I cannot.

At present, I am, finally, doing better. I am off Cymbalta and on 10mg Lexapro, but more importantly, I'm in a mindfulness program aimed at helping people with anxiety and depression. It's based on the program designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, and the book The Mindful Way Through Depression, and it is working better than anything I've ever done. Find one near you.

Having said that, I just don't have the psychic space to help on this board. My best suggestion is that someone set up the site so that there is an entry place that every newcomer must pass through with the basics about Cymbalta, weaning advice, etc. so that people don't have to repeat the same basics over and over.

Blessing all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users