#1 jub

jub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Partner in need of advice.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

Hi all, my name is Kay. I have a partner who's been taking Cymbalta for depression and generalised anxiety disorder. She started on 60mg/day, and went up to 120mg/day in a couple of weeks. She's been taking 120mg/day for ~5 mths, but she didn't seem to think it had any positive effect. She recently saw a psychiatrist -- by all accounts a /very/ experienced, sought-after psych (the worst kind? ;) ) -- and was taken off Cymbalta and put straight on Edronax (reboxetine), 4mg/day. She had her last dose of Cymbalta ~36 hrs ago.

The psych didn't mention anything about withdrawals, tapering off Cymbalta, etc. but things on her end seem very rough. She's unable to stay awake, having nightmares (judging from the intermittent yelling!), sweating profusely, and seems generally disoriented. I'm keeping her hydrated, cooled, as physically comfortable as I can, and she's a tough cookie, but I must admit reading others' experiences coming off Cymbalta has me worried.

Can you offer her any advice from personal experience? Anyone else gone from Cymbalta to Edronax? Any information/advice would be *greatly* appreciated!
--
peace,
-k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users