sonickel77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    on cymbalta horrible side effects

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

Greetings

I stopped taking Prozac nearly 3 months ago because it had stopped working for me. Two months unmedicated and I was socially paranoid, crying, a complete mess. It was upsetting one of my facebook friends, my erratic behaviour.
So I started Cymbalta less than a week ago, to calm things down.
For the first 2 days, I was lethargic, felt sick, slept during the day, had a fuzzy head, couldn't think. That was bearable at least.
Then I abruptly flipped into hyperactivity, powerwalking for hours a day, irritable, sharp with people. On facebook my posts became more and more numerous, increasingly macabre, intense and weird. I think I have freaked out some people for being too weird to handle. And very remorseful and teary about the whole thing. Not to mention, not able to sleep for more than about 3 hours at a time.

My shrink has recommended I immediately stop taking them, take Valium to chill out, avoid Facebook for a while, and talk next week about a different type of drug altogether - perhaps a mood stabilizer? Scary!

Anyone else relate to this? and what am I in for re withdrawal symptoms, after being on them for 4 days?

#2 Bi Polar Two

Bi Polar Two

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    to helo others

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

I SO feel for you. The same exact thing happened to me, including FB post. You probably have bi polar two. Lithium isn't as bad as it sounds. It took a long time for me to accept that I suffred from manic depression, until hypomania destroyed my job and the few remaining friends I had left.

#3 runslikeagrl11

runslikeagrl11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning off of cymbalta

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

Everyone's body is different but I cant imagine severe withdrawls after being on cymbalta for only 4 days. I guess its better to get off now than years later like me.

#4 sonickel77

sonickel77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    on cymbalta horrible side effects

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:29 AM

Update: ended up in Emergency overnight, micro mood swings, hypomania, flights of creative ideas, pacing the corridors, crying, jittering body.... They gave me lots of tranquillizers and 10mg Zyprexa and that knocked me out for 15 hours straight.
Glad to be home again, not sure what's happening to my brain, whether this drug has triggered latent bipolar. It is strong in the family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users