4 replies to this topic

#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

I am a week out from my monthly, and have noticed in the last 4-5 days that I have had increasing brain zaps, body aches and a WAY shorter temper. I'm over 60 days out, and had been feeling really good and stable, but not so much right now.

For those that have been off awhile, and feeling pretty good, have you noticed any correlation to monthly cycles and feeling worse again? I realize I'll always have a degree of the lovely PMS mood swings, but it is the increase in body aches and zaps that are more troubling.

#2 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

I am behind you and you asked for those ahead of you, but MINE should be any day now, and yesterday I have been blah, and this morning a bit blah...and yes, as a matter of fact I was lying in bed yesterday wondering why I was feeling more brain zaps than usual......but I cant tell you what it is going to be in 2 or 3 months from now...I hope you feel better soon, Babby.

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

For those that have been off awhile, and feeling pretty good, have you noticed any correlation to monthly cycles and feeling worse again? I realize I'll always have a degree of the lovely PMS mood swings, but it is the increase in body aches and zaps that are more troubling.

For me, those womanly things are better but I did go to acupuncture and had a treatment specific to those issues???? Part of why my doctor chose Cymbalta for me was the migraines I would always get, Cymbalta did nothing to help with those issues. In fact, I think that they were worse. But then again, I really did not care about much on Cymbalta!!!

I hope you feel better soon too! The only residual that I seem to still have are the very rare zaps (which I now call flutters).

Also, now that I am off of Cymbalta, there are some withdrawal things I had during taking it that I did not realize were gone until they were gone. The one thing being that on Cymbalta, every morning I would wake up and my arms were numb. I thought it was from working on the computer too much for too many years but the arm numb thing has gone away - which is good!

Take care, I hope you are feeling better soon and that this funk you are in is really temporary.

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:47 AM

Thanks girls! Maybe I'm just being more sensitive because of the mood issues. Here's hoping anyway. I really have to find somene that does accupuncture!

#5 samantha

samantha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

I think one of my big problems was scheduling. I took my last Cymbalta Friday so nothing on Saturday, on Sunday I was freaking out, crying, high blood pressure, brain zaps and then had my "monthly times" start that same day :lol: Must be more careful in charting that I suppose. Hopefully the withdrawal and the menstrual cramps with stop together in the next few days. Or I may actually hurt someone :evil: Today it was my poor puppy, she just doesn't know when to stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users