• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vanessah73

vanessah73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

i posted a few days ago my experience with the withdrawl side-effects - in the same boat with all of you - it sucks!

i have been keeping a diary of the taper down process. my doctor had me ween off - he cut my dosage from 60mg down to 30mg for two weeks. during this time i felt fine, perhaps a little ramped up, but not bad. the next two weeks i took 30mg every other day. that is when the awful dizzy feeling, nuseau, stomach cramps - happened. my mood shifted between sobbing to anger to being so tired i just didn't care. at least laying down helped the spinning head.

ok, here's my point to this post. about four days after my last dose i didn't feel that bad - not great - but i could function - and i thought the worst was over. then i had another doctor appointment and i was put on blood pressure medication. i believe i gained 25 pounds on cymbalta - and my bp had been very high for the last 2 months, so my doctor felt it was time to start addressing it. within days of starting 10mg of lisinopril for the blood pressure - all the withdrawl symptons came back - worse than before - and my feet feel like they are on a hot plate. i wake up every night with a terriable hacking cough. last night i did a search for lisinopril side-effects - guess what - same as the cymbalta withdrawl.

so, i think its important to look at every medication you are taking. i belive my body is so screwed up from everything. i decided to stop the bp medication and see how i do with life-style changes to bring the bp down. i'm not a doctor, but at this point i want to try the zero med thing.

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

Your every other day wean was the worst way to go, given Cymbalta's short half life in your system. You were being thrown in and out of withdrawal every other day. Adding that BP med probably has complicated things, but, there may be other BP meds that you could take safely. Cymbalta is known to raise BP, so please don't disregard it too quickly. Let your doctor know about the every other day thing, and how the med was affecting you.

I hope you have read other posts here, regarding options to ease your discomfort. There are tips about using another antidepressant such as Celexa or Prozac, using supplements such as Omega 3, and some dietary changes that some have made that have worked.

There is no magic cure, nor can anyone promise you that this will pass in a certain number of days, but there are some things that you can try that may help you get through it more comfortably.

There are so many nice people here, and we all understand what you are dealing with, so please take some time to read some posts, and ask as many questions as you need to.

Good Luck, and again, watch that BP. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users