• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 justintime

justintime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:15 PM

On Day 30 of Withdrawal! Yup, now I've developed something like (I will not say I have this) restless leg syndrome. It started a few nights ago and I've finally figured it out. I do not remember reading this on the PI sheet. Anyone else doing a two step in bed? Specifically: the lower quad muscles twitching/contracting at the end of my day whenever I rest (on couch in bed, etc). Any suggestions (beyond a grim smile and a prayer that it too will pass)? I'm taking the usual supplements. Honestly, my humor is masking my anxiety so if anyone has had experience with this, I would love to know. Will call Dr on Monday. grrrr....

#2 Hallucinating

Hallucinating

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:53 AM

I'm on day thirteen of withdrawals and I am having a sinilar problem. My legs aren't moving on their own but I feel an uncontrollable urge to stretch them or contract the muscle. They bother me so much at night that I can't hardly go to sleep. This has been going on for a few days now. Actually I beleive my legs started aching real bad on day four. I thought I had the flu or something. On day ten I had a few hours of vividly colored hallucinations. I haven't heard anyone mention that but it was quite disturbing. I don't know what to do aout the leg problems. I've tried taking pain releivers and muscle relaxers and they haven't helped. All my old injuries seem to be hurting as well. Hopefully somebody will have some helpful advice. Hang in there.

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

I'm on day thirteen of withdrawals and I am having a sinilar problem. I thought I had the flu or something. On day ten I had a few hours of vividly colored hallucinations. I haven't heard anyone mention that but it was quite disturbing. All my old injuries seem to be hurting as well. Hopefully somebody will have some helpful advice. Hang in there.

jutsintime - Hope your "non-restless leg syndrome" is a thing of the past soon. Sorry about the leg twitching - hopefully it has gone away for you both now. When things started moving on or in my body during withdrawal, I would tell myself that it was just was my brains trying to learn to communicate with the body parts again. I did have some strange twitches at times, more in my eye area but not for long.

And many of us felt like we had the flu, it is withdrawal, hard to relax when you are worried that you are sick with something other than coming off of a powerful drug.

About the colored hallucinations - lots of people have the vision things in different variations. If you are new to this site, it is hard to go back and find the old information, but there are several people who have had this, so you aren't crazy or damaged, just going through the process of healing.

Mine were purple and blue swirly twirly lights around things. Especially if I moved my head too quickly. The other vision thing was I would swear I would see a shadow of an animal or person just outside of my range of vision, and look to find nothing there, then keep looking just to make sure because it seemed like I saw something. They did not happen all of the time and they did go away, thankfully.

Best to you both

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users