• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 loveandlight

loveandlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:52 AM

Has anyone danced with the idea of fasting?

I'm currently in the hard hitting first week of withdrawal. I sleep all day, and am slapped in the face with migraine exhaustion when i tell myself to "snap out of it" and attempt engaging. (going on a run, doing yoga, reading a book, writing a now overdue paper (i'm a university student)...god i yearn for these things on some core level, and yet feel completely incapable) It's comforting to know that a piece of me still wants to exist.

I haven't been eating properly. I feel very heavy and sluggish.

I believe that fasting can be quite an energizing, cleansing ritual. I'm wondering if it would help with this process.

(for example, what do ya'll reckon the effects of doing the master cleanse right now would be?)

Can you recommend a fasting program?

Any ideas?

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

Has anyone danced with the idea of fasting?
I'm currently in the hard hitting first week of withdrawal. I sleep all day, and am slapped in the face with migraine exhaustion when i tell myself to "snap out of it" and attempt engaging. (going on a run, doing yoga, reading a book, writing a now overdue paper (i'm a university student)...god i yearn for these things on some core level, and yet feel completely incapable) It's comforting to know that a piece of me still wants to exist.
I haven't been eating properly. I feel very heavy and sluggish.
I believe that fasting can be quite an energizing, cleansing ritual. I'm wondering if it would help with this process.
(for example, what do ya'll reckon the effects of doing the master cleanse right now would be?)
Can you recommend a fasting program?
Any ideas?

loveandlight - Do you get migraines without Cymbalta? I know that everybody will tell you to stay busy, but my first week migraine I had, sleep was the only peace that I had, I wanted to do my "things" but desire did not replace action. Plus, most people come off of Cymbalta and can't sleep at all, where I wanted to sleep all of the time. I guess you could say I fasted during the first week, but really I did not eat for three days because I could not keep anything down - don't recommend this because you need nutrition and to regenerate yourself at a cellular level. Change your mantra to "I will do things in the moment that make me feel healthier in body and mind".

To keep things easy on myself, I would make egss and turkey bacon for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lots of Omega 3 in eggs. While fasting might seem like a great way to clean your body out, you need to make sure you eat. Do visualizations of all of the cells, every atom of your body becoming whole and clean again. Make a list of priorities of things that you have to get completed, like your paper. Take things one minute at a time, be in the present moment and see yourself in a better place soon. Sounds corny, but it can help. Right now worrying about events that are more than a day out will just cause you undue stress.

If you have an exercise class available to you with people/friends involved, try to do that. The only thing that got me through weeks one and two were sleeping and pilates classes, which did help. If you are going on a run, try to take a friend with you or at least a cell phone to call somebody/cab if you venture out too far and your head starts spinning again. Migraines are the worst and when you add in Cymbalta withdrawal, it is intensified. Don't drive. Be safe.

If you normally get migraines, what sort of treatment do you use? If you are in another country, there are many OTC things to take that are not available in the States. You can PM me and ask about those if you would like.

#3 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

The only challenge I see in fasting is your body is challenged enough getting rid of toxins and most people feel like crap the first few days. This drug take more than a few days and I would be concerned at the multiple challenges of your body cleaning and trying to get rid of Cymbalta at the same time, too much for your system to handle. In my opnion. I plan a full detox once cymbalta is out of my system for a while. I am going to do the master cleanse for 10 days. The master Cleanse has a website , just google it and you will find it.

#4 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:08 AM

When my stress levels increase I seem to have problems with Urinary Tract Infections. I bought a Total Kidney Cleanse by Renew Life and I am afraid to use it. I agree with Jeff, it seems our bodies have gone through so much already, when will it be time to try something like this? I realize none of us are doctors but I will certainly take what you think into consideration.

#5 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

Thank you, Greybeard, I appreciate that. I have all of you to thank, and of course God, for taking over when I just could not do it alone anymore.

#6 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

The last time I used a body cleanse, it was just before I started weaning off the Cymbalta, and I was told I had pretty much flushed the Cymbalta from my system, because it also detoxified my liver. Does anyone know if the Kidney/bladder cleanse would effect any of the supplements I take, Omega 3, B complex, vitamin....etc? Just a thought....

#7 Oeelidu97

Oeelidu97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

thanks a lot , bump up up up!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We offer WoW Power Leveling and World of Warcraft Powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling,, Buy Cheap WoW Power Leveling, enjoy best service:
cheap wow power leveling, buy wow power leveling, world of warcraft power leveling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users