33 replies to this topic

#31 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

The B Vitamins help with metabolism and energy.
Vitamin B-12 is normally involved in the metabolism of every cell of the body, especially affecting the DNA synthesis and regulation but also fatty acid synthesis and energy production. So energy production would equal "stimulate"?

The conjugated vitamin B-12-intrinsic factor complex (IF/B-12) is then normally absorbed by the terminal ileum of the small bowel. Absorption of food vitamin B-12 therefore requires an intact and functioning stomach, exocrine pancreas, intrinsic factor, and small bowel. Problems with any one of these organs makes a vitamin B-12 deficiency possible.

Double edged sword here - if you are having the GI issues, it seems as if it will not be absorbed.

Alternately, it works with metabolism, which could be helpful in purging the toxins out of your body, especially in the fat cells (where I keep reading Cymbalta likes to store itself). So, it would act to metabolize things in your body quicker for faster elimination. If you take the B vitamins, take them in the morning when you will need some energy for the day.

My acupuncturist did many treatments in the beginning to detoxify my liver, noting that many toxic chemicals like to hang around there even when mathematically they have been "eliminated". Drink more water than you can possibly stand. Try calming herbal teas, or warm water with lemon (will detox liver).

Hang in there, here is hoping that you will be able to sleep a little longer soon. This does not go on forever, it will stop.

#32 CyMAD

CyMAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

The B Vitamins help with metabolism and energy.
Vitamin B-12 is normally involved in the metabolism of every cell of the body, especially affecting the DNA synthesis and regulation but also fatty acid synthesis and energy production. So energy production would equal "stimulate"?

The conjugated vitamin B-12-intrinsic factor complex (IF/B-12) is then normally absorbed by the terminal ileum of the small bowel. Absorption of food vitamin B-12 therefore requires an intact and functioning stomach, exocrine pancreas, intrinsic factor, and small bowel. Problems with any one of these organs makes a vitamin B-12 deficiency possible.

Double edged sword here - if you are having the GI issues, it seems as if it will not be absorbed.

Alternately, it works with metabolism, which could be helpful in purging the toxins out of your body, especially in the fat cells (where I keep reading Cymbalta likes to store itself). So, it would act to metabolize things in your body quicker for faster elimination. If you take the B vitamins, take them in the morning when you will need some energy for the day.

My acupuncturist did many treatments in the beginning to detoxify my liver, noting that many toxic chemicals like to hang around there even when mathematically they have been "eliminated". Drink more water than you can possibly stand. Try calming herbal teas, or warm water with lemon (will detox liver).

Hang in there, here is hoping that you will be able to sleep a little longer soon. This does not go on forever, it will stop.

Thanks Sarah,

Drinking herbal tea while I read your post. =) I have been drinking lots of water too.
The double-edge sword seems correct. I guess I will keep taking them though.

Ah yes, the magic of sleep that I long for! It will come soon I have no doubt.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply SarahJ

#33 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

Another thing that I found helpful were essential oils. Lavender especially for calming properties and peace. Ylang Ylang for in the day, for the beauty of the smell also. You can just smell them straight from the bottle, or put some in your bathwater.

I bought these bath salts at the drug store called Bath Therapy. I like the lavender version of that. The bottle says Relax Tired Muscles, Reduce Tension and Sleep Soundly could have been a placebo effect, but when I used it the first time, I was sleeping sound in about 20 mintues. Bought it at Rite Aid, but Wal Mart has it cheaper (wal mart could be one of the worst places to go if you are trying to be calm and serene). If you have ever taken valerian root for sleeping and it worked, you might want to try that if things get to bad with the sleep deprivation.

I feel so bad for you that the GI stuff is happening. Don't eat rice when you do eat, rice kind of stays in your GI tract acting like a sponge.
When you do want to eat again, the avocado at the stores now is really yummy. Stay strong. I like your "signature" at the bottom of your posts.

#34 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

My list of Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms, 8 days from last dose:

Brain zaps
Loss of balance
Sensitivity to noise