Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • why_joining:
    coming off Cymbalta

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:47 AM

You do know it stays in your system up to 8-9 months? Lives in the fat cells. You need to be taking fish oil 4-5 capsules, vitamin b supplement and 5-htp (100 mg am, 100 mg pm) Get them at any drug store in the vitamin aisle.

I began tapering from 120 mg to 60 then to 30 with minor issues, after trying 20mg, my life has irrevocably changed - was on various doses for about 7-8 years with no side effects. I am losing my wife of 30 years - everyone is "scared" for me, no one in my life, spouse, parent, kids, doctor, will acknowledge the reality of the source of thi hell. I have been off of cymbalta completely for 8 weeks by now, transitioned to generic zoloft - now at 25 mg/day.

Effects have been and are primarily twofold - 1, a complete inability to have sex, ejaculate, even get aroused sometimes / with simultaneous obsession/fixation on sex 2, Extreme outbursts of rage and violence without any real reason including an irrational, uncontrollable commitment to see how much damage I can do - even as I realize that I do not want to behave this way. My first experience ever with the phenomenon of "de-personalization"

I am scared that I will never be able to recover, i feel insane, hopeless, and I realize that I am completely on my own with this deal. There is no hope that things will ever get better, my pharmacist is the only one that has told me it will eventually go away.

I am not normally a violent person. 23 years in AA and I have overcome numerous drug addictions, but this is by far the WORST. What to do - has anyone else here been Vile and Violent for NO REASON and without warning?

By the way, I don't think i have had brain "zaps" and as mentioned I did not have any real side effects while on cymbalta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users