#1 Anniemac

Anniemac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

Has anyone been off cymbalta for months and still feel sick from it?

#2 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

I've been off it for 3 months and my head still feels weird sometimes. A lot of GI problems too.

#3 Anniemac

Anniemac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

I still have really bad nausea, absolutely no appetite! I keep asking myself can this STILL be the cymbalta and I honestly think it has to be. Never had this before taking cymbalta. I've been off it since November!

#4 ihey8this

ihey8this

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am going through withdrawl. Given the wrong way to taper off drug. To try to let others know what I am going through. Compare symptoms.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

I am on 47 days completely off the poison. My mornings are horrible. I get a night of sleep interrupted every couple of hours by some night TERROR, then I wake up to find I'm still so extremely low that it takes all the effort in the world for me to get out of bed and get dressed. I have anger issues, I never even experienced this in my life. But for reasons unknown to me I get progressively better as the day goes on!?! I'm on a total cocktail of meds due to RSD. I take Wellbutrin XL 300 mg. with 50 mg. Zoloft. Two hard core (I don't mean Vicodan, Percocet, or any of that stuff) pain relievers four times a day, 4 mg of klonopin, Adderall, Lyrica, and Ambiene to sleep. Don't get me wrong I am never even close to happy, I am basically "flatlined" feeling neither bad or good. I was cleaning out a drawer today and found a cymbalta bottle with 10 30mg. pills in it. It took everything I have to put it down the disposal, thinking maybe just 5 little white balls may keep me from being sick. I'm seriously worried about some kind of permanent damage from taking the stuff (I was taking 90mg). When I saw the testing that Eli Lilly did on this medicine it DID make me sick. There has been talk they were going to flip it around and use it for fibromyalgia, diabetic nerve pain, and then depression. I saw the first commercial using it as pain relief for fibromyalgia last night. Just had to vent, I thought I would at least be rid of the constant nausea by now!

#5 angelbunny101

angelbunny101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

I have fibromyalgia and I was on pamlor, an anti-depressant for many years until I had developed cervical spine issues, that is when I was given cymbalta for pain mgmt. I never realized how much is screwed up my brain chemistry, until I wound up in Princeton house diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety . All I have is fibromyalgia. I decided to switch back on pamlor, the withdrawal, caused such a severe headache that it hospitalized me for 4 days. I've been off cymbalta now for about a month now, this is when I realized how sick cymbalta was made me. I only assumed that all the symptoms I was having was an illness, not side effects from cymbalta. Cymbalta made me a mental and physical zombie for 5 or so years. I'm not able to think complete thoughts yet and I'm hoping that my brain chemistry will go back to normal. Soon I'm going to ween myself off all the drugs the doctors have me on. The side effects are just not worth my life. I'm going to go the natural path, and try 5htp. It is supposed to be as good as any anti anti depressant on the market without all the side effects. I wish everyone here the best for a good and happy life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users