• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bruha242

bruha242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:43 AM

Are there any guys that have had a problem having sex? My wife and I have sex and about a minute in to it I have to finish, no matter what!!! I have never been a one minute man! This is putting a strain on my marriage, even though my wife says it is ok. I am so depressed and am thinking about going back on cymbalta! Is there anyone else that has had this problem? I know my brain is not right yet. I have been off the cymbalt for 6 weeks now. If u want send me a message in private!

Thank You,
Ryan

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Allright, I know I am not a man, but I remember your other posts regarding this subject, and I also remember when you first posted you mentioned that you were taking Vicodin for back problems.

If you are still taking painkillers, do you think that this could be part of the problem? My husband had to take Vicodin a few months ago for his back, and it did not help our love life at all. He stopped taking the Vicodin and all was good in our world again. :D

Don't rule out other factors, getting older, blood pressure issues, onset of diabetes, diet any number of things can be related to this. Unfortunately from the moment we are born, we can't help but get older! It might not be because you came off of Cymbalta. But if this is not going away for you, you need to talk to your doctor, rule out what the problem is not and then move forward from there. The answer could simply be stress that you accumulated from coming off of Cymbalta!

You got through the worst of Cymbalta withdrawal, do you really want to go through that again if it is not necessary? There are other alternatives to Cymbalta if your depression is truly returning, try to relax about this until you have a definitive answer to what is going on with you.

Trust and believe your wife when she tells you that she is okay with this and let her support you.
A woman answer to a man question.

#3 kooky

kooky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

i'm not a guy either, but i've had enough experience with antidepressants to know they alter many aspects of our physiology, i'm sure that includes sexual function. for many they significantly impair otherwise normal function; it's natural to assume that discontinuing the medicine, especially one as potent as cymbalta, might throw you into overdrive. as greybeard pointed out there could also be other causes so you best discuss it with a doctor to put your mind at ease. all of us have been thrown off balance both emotionally and physically by the withdrawals on this drug, it shouldn't come as a shock it might have an effect on sexual function as well. your wife sounds like an understanding woman, no need to panic. talk to your doctor and give yourself a little time to level out again.

#4 Steve79

Steve79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:04 AM

Hey, this is a good and common question actually. A very common side effect of antidepressants is delayed orgasm. Lexapro, zoloft and the setraline drugs are often given at a very low dosage to men who have trouble lasting long. I know when I stopped cymbalta I had similiar issues, but don't worry, the receptors being blocked by cymbalta are opening up again and during this time you wont last long right away. When you stabalize, you will be back to normal sexual functioning.

#5 ksddfkj

ksddfkj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

My wife and I have sex and about a minute in to it I have to finish, no matter what!!!

+1

I only took Cymbalta for 3 weeks. 1 week of 30 mg, 2 weeks of 60. I stopped taking it because of the sexual side effects. During withdrawal and for probably a week after I was experiencing the same side effects; now I'm the exact opposite. Sex lasts about a minute, tops. I'm sure things will even out eventually but it's been really awkward since I just started dating a new girl. I'm interested in the idea that it has to do with elevated histamine levels. What are the chances that Benadryl would help?

#6 ksddfkj

ksddfkj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

Benadryl didn't help. Anyone else have experience with short term use and lingering side effects? Should I consider taking a low dose of a milder anti-depressant for a bit until things work themselves out? I'm frustrated and am sure she is in a much more visceral way...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users