• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rene

rene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

HI everyone (mostly girls)- has anyone had any menstrual problems after cymbalta. i have been off for six weeks now and my period which is normally right on time is 5 days late with extreme pms and cramping for the last 8 days!!

i swear i could kill whoever made this... oh and went to the docs last week and he says there is absolutely no withdrawal on this drug and he has over 50 people on it. he said he would look into it but i know he was full of ****

anyway this period thing is freaking me out and of course putting me in panick mode!

#2 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

I had not thought of it before, Rene, and JP27 has a good point as far as stress having alot to do with how our body functions. Last July I was put on a hormone called Provera. I was actually prescribed 3 times the allowed daily dose because I was having a procedure done in August,called Her Option. This started my problems with Cymbalta. My hormones, anxiety, depression, was way out of control. How ever my periods were much much much better after the procedure. THANK GOD!!! But I was thrown on Xanax, Lexapro, Welbutrin, Abilify, then Cymbalta. By that time, I lost my job and had lost myself. Then in March, I started weaning from the Cymbalta. In regards to your question, I have noticed for the last 3 months, my PMS will start 2 weeks before my period actully gets here. I normally have a period every 21 days, but it seems to be more like every 5 weeks now. So you may be on to something. Hopefully, our moods, stress, and periods will be back on track within 3-4 months of stopping the Cymbalta. Hang in there!!!!

#3 rene

rene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Lori- i am sorry to hear all that. that was all startede from the provera?? are you better now?

#4 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

Yes, Rene, and thank you. Provera started it all. 3 times the allowed dose of a hormone for a month!!! Screwed up my hormones for 6 months and THEN anxiety and depression took over my life, then Cymbalta withdrawals took over my life..... :x I am at day 40 and finally feeling like the cloud has been lifted from my entire being!!! The pharmacists kept telling me NOT TO TAKE 3 PILLS A DAY......but my ob/gyn told me I needed to for the procedure. So needless to say it has been one nightmare after another since July. Almost a year. Let me know how things are going and if you need to, private message me.

#5 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

This thread just validates another withdrawal symptom I'm having--didn't know it even could be withdrawals.

I haven't had a period in about 4 years. I had a surgery, called uterine ablasion, where they go in and take out the lining of your uterus, and you don't have periods anymore. I had to have this done because my periods were so bad, I was very anemic.

I haven't had a period cramp since the surgery, until now. I'm on day 15, and on several days, I have experienced "menstrual cramps". The first time it happened, I thought it couldn't be. But there it is, in black and white.

#6 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:59 PM

I had noticed a change in my period, including bad PMS and more severe cramps (which seemed weird at 35ish). About 2 yrs ago, I did complain to my OB/GYN about the symptoms and I started birth control pills, which helped. These changes may have coincided with my taking the Effexor then Cymbalta. I'll have to do some research into my own med. history. I think I will get copies of all of my medical records (from my various docs) while I was on Effexor and Cymbalta...that might be enlightning.

#7 JamiNeesie

JamiNeesie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hi! I was wondering about the same thing. I am on my 2nd week of no cymbalta! (yay!) I am 2 weeks late on my period. I thought I may be pregnant as I was bad with taking my birth control this month as well. I am having "pregnant-like" symptoms (nausea, morning sickness, strange appetite changes...) I took 2 at home preg tests which were both negative. I went to my OBGYN and was given yet another urine test there which again was negative. So-hopefully I am really not with child as I would feel terrible about putting a fetus through the stress my body is going through. I am trying to decide if there have been many other femaies out there who have experienced late or lack of menses while withdrawing from cymbalta. Thanks in advance for you helpful responses! Keep your chin up ladies!!! 8-)

#8 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

I seem to have skipped this month. I am on Day 26 without Cymbalta. Last week, I had PMS and then spotted, but nothing else. Although I noticed yesterday that my breasts were extremely tender, so I thought maybe I was going to start, but I didn't?? The withdrawal has to be messing with our hormones!

#9 debp06

debp06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

I can only speak from slight experience, since I'm still weaning off a low dose, but my period has been regular for probably 6 months or more at 25 days, and this month it was 27 days. Only 2 days off, I know, but when I am regular I am regular. If my husband had not had a vasectomy I, too, would have been concerned.

Hope everything works out for you! Hang in there! I don't know how many mg you were on, but I'm weaning down from only 30 mg and am taking 20 mg right now.

#10 debp06

debp06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:33 AM

So THAT's where those sharp mid-cycle cramps came from! Scared me when it first happened, so painful it made me jump! Now that I'm off the Cymbalta, I can hope these don't occur anymore? As I read more and more on this site I just keep thinking "I trust my doctor is everything else he's done for me -- how come he missed this one?" and more than that, how can Lilly merchandise such a dangerous/destructive med while claiming it's helpful? The almighty buck, I suppose... What a cynic I've turned into!!

#11 wendy

wendy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

My whole system is screwd up too, but I thought it was due to me skipping a period for vacation (using the pill, just didn't take the week off). The only reason I did that was b/c my gyno said it was ok, like it was no big deal. Now I've been spotting for about a week, having cramps and all the PMS for over a week, and I'm thinking the withdrawal is playing a hand in this (my periods usually aren't longer than 3 days anyways).

Just one more thing to add to the withdrawal hell I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users