• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2quiltnm

2quiltnm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

Are the withdrawl symptoms indicating that we are losing brain cells or otherwise hurting our brains? I have exactly eight days to get off 100mg of Cymbalta to be in a clinical trial.

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

Are the withdrawl symptoms indicating that we are losing brain cells or otherwise hurting our brains? I have exactly eight days to get off 100mg of Cymbalta to be in a clinical trial.

Do you have access to a doctor who would let you try the one dose of Prozac method to get off of Cymbalta?
The following is from the link I posted below:
Some notes from Dr. Ivan Goldberg
Subject: Antidepressant discontinuation reactions

The administration of a single 20 mg capsule of fluoxetine usually does the job. The withdrawal symptoms are relieved within hours and the patient goes through a slow fluoxetine withdrawal that is usually symptomless. If the individual had been on a high dose of paroxetine or venlafaxine, a second 20 mg of of fluoxetine may be needed.

Six guidelines to reduce "discontinuation syndrome" or as we all know it, reducing withdrawal (what it really is), the first one recommends a SINGLE dose of Prozac.
http://depression.ab.../withdrawal.htm

Let us know how it goes and remember, not everybody experiences any or all of the withdrawal effects. You might luck out!

#3 2quiltnm

2quiltnm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

well, i talked the clinical trial people into letting me have closer to three weeks to get off , taper off, cymbalta. I am now down to 30mg, and it's not bad, really. I have daily diarreah, more pain than I had on 100mg, and I have moments of anger and depression, but my vibrator cures that bad mood.

#4 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

Thank you so much 2quiltnm - you made me laugh until I thought I was going to bust a gut.
Sorry about your discomfort, but really, if you have enough AAs and an arsenal of toys, well, as the compassionate buddah would say, it raises the consciousness of the universe each time you "die a little death" (experience the big O). Enjoy and keep raising the consciousness of the universe.

Thanks for posting and really, thank you for your honesty and bringing a big huge belly laugh out of me.

Take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing!

#5 cmw128

cmw128

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join because I googled cymbalta withdrawl a few days ago, out of desperation and found this site. I believe that what I am doing to fight this is really helping me, and I'd like to share my experience with other people who may be looking for an alternative like I was.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:23 AM

Give it time....your brain will love you for it. The best medicine you could ever give your brain is fresh fruits and veggies, and exercise. Which sucks cause it is just so much easier to pop a pill. I also take fish oil...it helps to preserve the communication between neurons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users