• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 undone

undone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

I'm new here, so I don't know if this has been discussed but just wanted to throw my experience out there.

I decided to take a weekend vacation from 60mg Cymbalta (Fri - Sun) about a month ago b/c honestly my libido was gone & I wanted it back, at least for a weekend.

Well I got it back, along with a truckload of suicidal thoughts & feelings; stong, undeniable ones. I came extremely close to killing myself, I had to be force fed my Cymbalta by my partner b/c I refused to take it & wanted to die.

Just a word of caution.

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

I hope that you are feeling better by the time you read this. Cold turkey has to be one of the most brutal ways to experience Cymbalta withdrawal.

If there has been an antidepressant that you have taken before and come off of with no problems, it might save you some agony to go that route. It works for many people. Others wean down slow and come off without resorting to another antidepressant. You will get through this and make sure that you let your people in your life know what is going on with you. Unfortunately, you might have to let you boss in on what is going on with you, or get a doctor's note that does not go into detail.

If you have an understanding doctor, see them immediately and work out a plan. Just let your doctor know that every other day doses do not work with Cymbalta due to a short half life.

My best wishes to you for a quick return to your overall health. And to all of the new people here. You can and will get through this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users