#1 Jekaufman

Jekaufman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

I saw your posts while Googling "Cymbalta."
I wanted to tell everyone that it will get better! You WILL get through this. Even if it seems like there is no hope.
I work for the Suicide/Crisis Line and am about to be a counselor. Along with being a survivor (This seems like am appropiate term given what we have all been through).

Here are some helpful hints:
1) Exercise (even if it means doing a Yoga videa at home)
2) WATER!
3) Dramamine
4) Some people try Benadryl
5) Journaling
6) BUY THE BOOK- "THE ANTIDEPRESSANT SOLUTION" By. Joseph Glenmullen. He writes a step-by-step guide to overcoming Antidepressant Withdrawl, Dependence and Addiction!
7) Vitamins

PLEASE know that there is help out there! The Crisis Line is available 24/7 with a caring person to talk to. The number is 434-947-HELP. Though the area code may be different then your own, they speak to people all over and can give you needed resources. TRY IT!

YOU WILL BE OKAY! Remember ONE DAY AT A TIME!

#2 robyn_amber

robyn_amber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

Here are some helpful hints:
1) Exercise (even if it means doing a Yoga videa at home)
2) WATER!
3) Dramamine
4) Some people try Benadryl
5) Journaling
6) BUY THE BOOK- "THE ANTIDEPRESSANT SOLUTION" By. Joseph Glenmullen. He writes a step-by-step guide to overcoming Antidepressant Withdrawl, Dependence and Addiction!
7) Vitamins

Thank you for posting these. I'm a teacher, and I KNOW I wasn't getting enough water. If you drink water, you have to piddle, which is nearly impossible for a teacher to get a chance to do. ;) But, summer is here and I will be taking care of that issue. The journaling I'm doing on another board. I'm taking vitamins, so that's a plus for me. I'm starting an exercise program using interval training. We'll have to see how that goes. ^.^

#3 Cymfree

Cymfree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

For those of you having trouble getting to sleep....ha, that's probably all of us! Anyway, lavender essential oil rubbed on the feet or about 10-20 drops in a bath do wonders for soothing and relaxing before going to bed. My husband occasionally will mix a few drops with some lotion and massage my feet. The feet (and ears) are the quickest paths of absorption for the oil. I use lavender on my children all the time, too. It's amazing what the scent of lavender does to an over tired, screaming little boy! The scent of it calms him, before he even hits the tub! Well...that's it for me for now. I just wanted to share a little something since I've gained so much from all of you in a short period of time!!

Stacy

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:15 PM

I wear patchouli as my fragrance, and it is really calming. Also, once a week I put my pillows in the dryer to kill any nasty little dust mites, and I always put lavender oil on them before I throw them in the dryer. I like the idea of putting it in unscented lotion too. I have a base to make my own lotions and creams, so I think I'll whip up a batch of lavender foot cream! Great idea, and thanks for sharing!

#5 Cymfree

Cymfree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

Well I must say I was in tears this afternoon, feeling so angry that I feel so bad. My head hurt, my joints hurt, the buzzy head, the weight gain (a good 25 pounds, ICK)....you all know what i mean. I try to hang on until the evening when I can take a nice shower and then soak in a warm bath with lavender oil. But as I sat at the neighborhood pool with my kids this afternoon, trying not to let people see my tears, I decided to pull myself together and remember that this will absolutely not last forever. So I came home and did a 35 minute yoga tape that I hadn't done in months and I feel like a new person! One day at a time, one day at a time....that's my new mantra. And hopefully the pounds will start coming off soon, too. Ok I just had to share my good news. Yoga has been my savior in the past and I am thinking it'll definitely be helpful during this trying period. Here's to hoping all of you have some peace soon! And I will go do some essential oil research in my book from my yoga teacher about blends that could help some of you....they certainly can't do more harm than cymbalta has! :lol: Off to feed teh children....

Stacy

#6 2blessed

2blessed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:05 AM

THANK YOU! jekaufman for he suggestions. I'm on day three of withdrawal symptoms and didn't know what to do. I asked a nurse at my doctor's office and she referred me to my pharmacist. She didn't know what to tell me to do, either.

So, I'm very grateful for your advice. I'm definitely going to try to Benedryl. These brain zapps are aweful. They're worse to me than the headaches, vomitting, diarreaha, sleeplessness and crawlies I've been experiencing.

#7 redhead

redhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:09 AM

Hi everyone,

The information here is so great to have when trying to get off the cymbalta-at least its good to know that what we are experiencing is "normal" for withdrawal from cymbalta. I was down to 35mgs last Thurs using the tapering method and now down to 30mgs since yesterday-was feeling tired and bit down yesterday so I think I will stay at this 30mgs till I'm feeling ok again and then slowly reduce another few mgs. I remember someone saying that this is a good way to do it-wait till u have adjusted to the lower dose then reduce again.

I have a head cold the last few days-and I rarely get these so think this might be the "flu like" symptoms someone described and also its a bit harder to fall asleep at night but going to try the lavender on my feet!!!! On the positive side, I'm still working and nightmares, vivid dreams have gone so thats a plus. I'm taking my Omega 3's and 6's and Vit B complex and trying to drink water too.

Started out on 120mgs last Sept so its great to be down to lowest dose-thank God for that but I have come off effexor before without tapering so hopefully will do it successfully and keep positive. The side effects I had from Cymbalta were insomnia, constipation, weight gain esp round my waist.

Any advice from Greybeard or people that have weaned using the same method as myself would be greatfully appreciated.

Hang in there everyone.....

8-)

#8 Genealogizer

Genealogizer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

Greybeard said:...I agree 100% with the lavender scent, amazing how calming it is.............. also amazing that they pulled the lavender scented dish detergent off the market. I think it was doing some good for people, calming while doing the dishes in a natural way. Can't have that now, can we? I used to use it for all my cleaning when it was available.

Greybeard, this is not a product endorsement - but the Seventh Generation company makes a laundry detergent in 'Blue Eucalyptus and Lavender' scent. I use it and love it. Don't know whether they make it in dish detergent also.

#9 murph77

murph77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

I'm curious what symptoms are helped using Benedryl? My symptoms are pin pinching, sharp pains in feet, burning in feet that don't go away when I take off my shoes, and a sensation that someone is touching me on my feet, legs and arms. I try Benedryl last night and will continue taking it if i thought it may help. But I'm wondering if it would help my symptoms. Some of my symptoms I have seen online as being described as nerve iritation. Would Benedryl help nerve iritation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users