5 replies to this topic

#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

Wow, that is an impressive synopsis of what went wrong, and it makes a lot of sense. I never had GI issues, but also had a lot of pain.

My memory is kind of shot, but I was researching acetylcholine awhile back for some reason, related to my medical condition. Dang, I wish I could remember what it was! I take 1000 mg of acetazolamide and 40 mg of lasix every day, and it may have been research on those 2 meds. The reason I am rambling about it, is because of it's relation to pain, and I do still have some minor aches, though the vitamin D seems to be helping.

Thanks GB, I appreciate your sharing your research! :mrgreen:

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

http://www.thethinki.../brainfoods.htm

Actually, I must have been researching it during the early phases of withdrawal, because I found this link that I had saved, and it is about foods with acetylcholine in them, and it talks a small bit about the neurotransmitters.

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

Nice research and great explanations Greybeard.
Schmb01- love the food links.

We may never fully understand the "why" this happened to us, but this info makes sense of things to a degree.
Many thanks

#4 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

What a write up Greybeard! It does seem to make sense. As you know I have the extreme pain issue, but I also have a nasty case of GERD going on.

So, here is my question. I'm kind of slow so bear with me. Is taking Benedryl going to help improve certain things? Put my transmittors on a more even keal? I mean if it is as easy as that to help give me the "push" I need, I would much rather pop a benedryl than prescription meds. I know I asked a general question quite a while ago about the benedryl conection but got no reply's.

#5 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

What a write up Greybeard! It does seem to make sense. As you know I have the extreme pain issue, but I also have a nasty case of GERD going on.

So, here is my question. I'm kind of slow so bear with me. Is taking Benedryl going to help improve certain things? Put my transmittors on a more even keal? I mean if it is as easy as that to help give me the "push" I need, I would much rather pop a benedryl than prescription meds. I know I asked a general question quite a while ago about the benedryl conection but got no reply's.

The way I understand the Benadryl thing (with the generic brand is much cheaper and works the same - diphenhydramine) is that it helps initially at the beginning of the withdrawal because it is acting "similar" to the antidepressant.
Greybeard, correct me if I am wrong here.

Mary, I have read that the antidepressant reaction you had was really negative, so this might not be something you want to try until you talk to your doctor about it. How did your doctor appointment go?

#6 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

I didn't have an actual appointment, just an appointment to see if I qualify for health care program. AND I DO!!! So monday I will make an appointment with an actual doctor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users