Photo

OCD and Shoppying or Spending on Cymbalta?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

One of my diagnoses is OCD. Being overmedicated for so long like I was, it was pretty much under control. Now I can feel it coming back, rearing it's ugly head. I get very freaked out when things aren't how I want them (mainly my house). I get very aggitated. I'm at a lose as how to deal with this, except try to talk myself out of being a maniac about it. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Will have to find a way to deal with it better.

#2 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

OMG!!!! Exactly what I have been giong through...I have finally started getting it under control, but not before we almost lost our home. I never had any problem with over spending before I started the Cymbalta.

#3 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

My shopping/spending habits were completely out of control also!! I have always had some problems with budgeting, but the past 12 months, it has been EXTREME...to the point I am in serious financial troubles! Every day I hear a new bad side effect from Cymbalta that I would have previously written off to my depression/anxiety....but, there are too many of us saying the EXACT same things for this to be coincidental or from our underlying diagnoses!!

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

My shopping was nuts! I bought a total of 8 quilts, for no other reason than they were a "good deal", and I spent so much money on Ebay, I haven't even been brave enough to figure out the total. It was insane. My garage is FULL of empty boxes and bubble wrap, and I have more vintage prints and other misc stuff that I couldn't possibly display. Today, I shop like a normal person, when I need something, or just want a treat now and then, but my checking account is much healthier than it was for over a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users