4 replies to this topic

#1 Momoftwo

Momoftwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

This is week 7 for me...I was finally feeling a little better and the past few days I am miserable again. My stomach is a disaster again---lots of cramping, pain, and general discomfort. Also I am so tired but cannot sleep (hence being on the computer at 2AM). I am really beginning to have anxiety that something horrible is wrong with me. All the tests are negative, yet I keep having symptoms. Did anyone have a big relapse this far into the withdrawal process? Help please. Thanks.

Kathy

#2 Momoftwo

Momoftwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:09 AM

Gerybeard,

Thanks for your reply. I need this to stop--with two small kids to care for, this is not good. I am going to be very careful what I eat again and try the omega three supplements. I will check in later.

Kathy

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

This is week 7 for me...Did anyone have a big relapse this far into the withdrawal process? Help please. Thanks. Kathy

Hope that today finds you feeling some improvement.
I am 59 days today antidepressant free, but I had a rough ride to get here.
Please try to relax, and don't think that you are permanently damaged.
Everything I thought was "broken" permanently is all working normally now.

I had GI issues both on and off of Cymbalta. Things were at times "explosive". Looking back, I can't believe that I took a drug that upset my system like that for 3.5 years!

Hope that there is nothing seriously wrong with you and that you are ready to "turn the corner" with this. You have mentioned physical stuff, but emotionally are you doing well?
Have you been eating foods (cottage cheese, yogurt) that put the "good" bacteria back into your system? Perhaps try to take an acidophilus supplement to calm your digestive tract?

I saw in your first post that your doctor told you there was no withdrawal with Cymbalta. Mine did that to me as well, and being told that what you are feeling doesn't exist does nothing to help you feel calm and let your body heal. This does not go on forever, hold on. I know you have a family to take care of, but is it possible to maybe make special meals for yourself that have few ingredients? Maybe that might help you figure out what kinds of food help/don't help.

#4 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

Momoftwo,
I ditto what Greaybeard and Sarah J had to say, and I cant imagine going through the withdrawals and take care of two small children. I know its rough and the three of you will be in my prayers. Is there anyone you trust who could take the children a couple of hours every now and then? We are looking into Vacation Bible School for my boyfriends daughter because she and I do not get along, and we are going to need the break from each other this summer. We are also looking into summer programs, too.

I am at day 54, and there are still some days I feel more run down than others, or I am just grouchy. But I have some help from a supplemental vitamin and today I have increased my Omega 3. There are days, I can sit and eat a can of salmon....so that stuff really works calming me. Too, I take valarian root, but I have quit taking it in the AM now, because I dont seem to need it like I used to, but I still take it a half hour before I go to bed, because I still get frustrated with daily life, and sometimes when I get worked up, I have trouble sleeping, so I still use the valarian to help calm me before bedtime.

Hang in there, the good days are out numbering the bad days!

Lori

#5 Momoftwo

Momoftwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

Thanks so much for your help. I am going to try to really watch my diet closer. Last week and early this week I was feeling pretty good, so I was eating not as well. Emotionally, I have been a wreck this week, mostly worrying about the stomach problems. I wish I had never taken Cymbalta.

I am going to the health food store tomorrow to pick up some acidophilus. The Omega-3's I already started so hopefully some improvement will begin.

This site has really helped me through this. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users