• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laceylynne

laceylynne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

This is my very first time on this board but I am at my last end. I started taking Cymbalta within 6 months or so for my depression and was very happy with the results. But, my fiance and I decided it was time to start trying to get pregnant. I went to my dr and we decided that I needed to get off the Cymbalta. I am at the point where I have not taken any for 2 weeks.

I do not think I can do this. I've been on antidepressants for years and thats the only way my life feels normal. I'm not me right now, I'm moody and irritable and I'm ready to snap. I can't handle the everyday things about life that I used to. I'm ready to go back to the dr and discuss the options of another antidepressant that is safe during pregnancy. Anyone else out there who has been in this situation?

#2 fragileknees

fragileknees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hi. Your post just motivated me to join this board. I've been on various antidepressants for 15 years, and 60 mgs of cymbalta for about 6 years. I suffer from both generalized anxiety and severe depression. I am currently tapering off the cymbalta in anticipation of a pregnancy. I tapered down to 40 mgs for 6 week and was okay. I only noticed a little difficulty with sleep. Now am down to 20 mgs (about 2 weeks in for 6 weeks at this dose) and starting to freak out. I cannot concentrate or sleep. I am weepy and detached. I am... scared. I don't really have any words of wisdom for you, but wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Perhaps a slower taper would have been easier for you, I don't know. For me, at least today, I want to try to push through. I want to be off. I want no chance of messing with my pregnacy. I am reluctant to trust that any medication will truely be safe during pregnancy. I am eager to hear if others have advice for you and what you decide to do. Please be in touch. Best wishes to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users