• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dunzo75

dunzo75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

I am posting because I have gained 12 pounds in 5 weeks AFTER stopping Cymbalta. This seems to be linked, and I need someone to tell me this happened to them, too!

Background: I'm 36 years old-Female. I went on Cymbalta-60mgs-in Jan 2010 due to costochondritis (chest wall inflammation/pain). It felt like heart attacks all the time. Dr said this would help nerve ending pain. I researched the heck out of the drug, didn't like what I saw, but was desperate to feel normal again without pain in my chest all the time. It did help! I felt great, little to no pain in my chest! I did have some weight gain, but nothing crazy. It was really hard to lose it when I did gain 5 lbs here or there, but I stayed at the same weight for the most part during the 18 mos I was on it.

In July, I decided I was done taking it. Basically went cold turkey off of it. Had the brain zaps here and there, but got through it.

Today: I stepped on the scale, and since going off July 7 (it's August 12 today) I have gained 12 POUNDS. I've done NOTHING different with my diet or exercise regimen! I sware, I'm not hoarding chips in my closet or making midnight runs to Taco Bell. I am doing NOTHING different with my eating habits! And I never exercised, so that didn't change either ('til now). Now I'm biking 10 miles a day and doing yoga b/c I'm so freaked out about all the weight that "showed up".

Is it coincidence that I gained all of this weight AFTER stopping the drug?
I have NEVVVVERRRR gained 12 pounds in a 3 month span let alone 5 weeks! Geez, I didn't even have any fun gaining it :o(

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY THE WEIGHT CAME WHEN THE CYMBALTA LEFT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users